Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for Heatsink

Hey everyone.

Just got my new flashlight in the mail, should be my most aggressive looking laser yet....

However, I don't have a heatsink for it yet.

Would anyone care to make a heatsink for it? Aluminum or copper would be fine, but the problem is, I don't have the dimensions for how I want this heatsink to be.... That's why I posting here.

Anyway, the light is here:

Ultrafire WF-503C Cree R2-WC 5-Mode 250-Lumen LED Flashlight with Assault Crown (1*18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I don't want to send the light off to be measured and have a heatsink build to spec, so if you have this light/laser already, that would be fantastic. Otherwise, I will be forced to just toy around on a lathe (once I finish training) to get a heatsink to the right size.

Thanks!

(bubble burst) RHD has already used this as a host. I believe Jay Ray Neal make it for him.

I don't really care that it's been used before. But thanks for letting me know - I will contact Neal.

rhd

Ray is pretty busy these days, and isn't making heatsinks at the moment.

The other thing to know is that the heatsink for this guy is a *female dog* to get right. Ray spent a long time on mine, and seeing it, I understand why. It would be nearly impossible to get a heatsink made for this host without sending it off to the machinist to have in hand.

That said, it's worth every minute of time, because this is a crazy host. Though you need to be aware that this is (regardless of the laser that ends up inside it) a weapon.

Think I could learn try to make a manageable heatsink on a lathe myself? I am taking classes.

What does the heatsink look like? At the moment, I am having a hard time picturing what aheatsink would look like for this guy.

rhd

I can certainly take some measurements of the heatsink in mine. I'll post them here if you'd like. Ray isn't making heatsinks at the moment, and I'm always cool with people using my designs - so I see no harm done. I have a digital calliper, so I can take some proper measurements this weekend if you'd like.

That'd be great! Some pics too, please?

And just basic measurements are all that I really need - length, the various diameters used, etc. I don't really need to have a nice bezelled top like yours does - wouldn't mind a nice flat front.

Last edited: