Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a source of the modules found in cheap 5mw green pointers

Nate_with_TKOR

Hey guys, brand new here. I have a project I want to work on, and this is all very new to me.

I'm trying to find a source to buy the 532nm, 5mw, 3v modules used in the cheap green laser pointers that are cheaply available online. I don't want the battery housing, the tube that holds it all. I just want the modules inside them.

I'm usually pretty good at sourcing things, including searching around places like Alibaba to contact manufacturers overseas, but all the modules I'm finding seem to be much higher quality (and way higher price) than I'm looking for. The laser pointers are available for less the $2 each, but most of the modules I've found are more like $14 each, so clearly not the same product.

Does anyone have a lead on where I can look or who I can talk to? My apologies if this isn't the way to ask for help here.

Thanks!

Nate_with_TKOR

I have. And several variations on it. But that's what got me the results of finding the modules in the $8-15 range. They are much higher quality, but much higher price.

Then thats probably the lowest there is unless you contact the seller and ask if they offer better deal if you happen to buy 100 or so.

Nate_with_TKOR

Well that's why I posted here, asking specifically if anyone knew where to get the same modules used in the cheap laser pointers. As I explained, I looked and found some results, but they aren't what I was looking for.

So if anyone knows where to buy what I'm asking about, I'd appreciate it.

You don't find a $2 module because sellers don't sell nearly as much of them compared to complete pointer, so they cost more. It is not even higher quality.

They are out there as well as the diodes for red and purple pointers-- why not just hard wire a 'pointer' in a heat sink.
on 532 green the pos + goes to the spring (rear) and for red/'blue' the neg - goes to the rear. You can verify that with a quick test. They run great on a 18650 == you can zip tie the 'on' button down. If you overheat & damage it is only a 2 or 3 $ loss. so add more sink or shorten the duty cycle (or both).

Red modules are very common--all kinds of power (mW)- just add battery & heat sink.

Encap

Nobody on LFP is going to know where to get what you ask --no interest in or need for them at all, waste of time bothering with, no money in offering Throw away 5mW 532nm pens at least have a possible finished product market
How many do you want? Quickest might be to buy 10 low cost throw away pens for $20 on eBay and remove the modules.

Nobody in USA sells theose modules them--not worth time to bother with doing, no market. Nobody is going to know where t get them because noody needs them or does any business in them. You would need to sell 1000 to make $100 --waste of time when you can be selling something you can make money on. I mean what is your time even to do the paperwork worth.
Those pens and the modules are a mass produced low end only China made product that only makes sense to do in China.
There is little if any quality control and no testing, generally.

Apparently you didn't look too hard at Alibaba. There are several offered on Alibaba for between $0.20 amd $0.90 that took all of 5 seconds to find in the first 8 products shown? see: https://www.alibaba.com/countrysear...spm=a2700.pc_countrysearch.0.0.4fc724b9BU9BCx

PS You can find the cheap red 650nm modules in many places. They are $30/100pcs on Amazon and about 1/2 that from China sources

Last edited: