Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a solution of multiple laser beam from one pointer

gt2006

Hi all,
@Singlemode: my background is combustion, this is the very first time I deal with laser experiment, especially, infrared laser. So I want to ask for sure 100% even I know about the question.
@Encap: I have and he gave me very nice advice.

I sketch out 2 method I think they are suitable and possible for my experiment. Could you guys please give me comments? Here they are in the attachments.

Attachments

• Beam splitter.jpg
    Beam splitter.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Diffraction Gratings.jpg
    Diffraction Gratings.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 22

gt2006

I'm looking for a beamspliiter for infrared laser (10.63μm) with max power of 20W/60W but it seem to be hard. Please help me if you can!

The reason it is so difficult is that glass is opaque to CO2 lasers. Salt NaCl, is transparent at that wavelength.

So is ZnS.

Last edited:

gt2006

Thank you very much for you comments.

@paul1598419. Yes, I think ZnSe is the proper choice, but I have asked the website edmundoptics.com. They also suggest me this one but they are not sure their beamsplitters can be used with 40W power. How do you think about that?

@Alaskan: I also found this site, but I wonder their beamsplitters can be used up to 40W of power. Btw, I sent them email. How do you think about that?

Depends on how big the splitter and beam going through it is for power density.

Thank you very much for you comments.

@paul1598419. Yes, I think ZnSe is the proper choice, but I have asked the website edmundoptics.com. They also suggest me this one but they are not sure their beamsplitters can be used with 40W power. How do you think about that?

I would trust what Edmund Optics told me about their products.