Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking For A Quality Greenie To Burn Things

Practice does make perfect!

And I definitely plan on building my own laser in the future and will practice a lot on cheap diodes before I move to anything expensive and will invest in a good soldering iron thanks for the advice man! :thanks:

Eh, it is all good. 2 of the diodes were from 2 years ago, and the other one was from a few months ago. So it was spread out. Moral of the story is that if you want to build your own laser PRACTICE on other less expensive diodes and INVEST in a decent Soldering Iron. I now have a 50 dollar Weller Soldering Station (8-40W) and it is millions of times better than the no name POS I had before.

Pay attention to the size of the tip you get because it makes a TON of difference. Soldering tiny drivers with a giant stick is impossible. lol

-Isaac

Buy tools unless you know you'll never invest the time (or recoup the costs) to learn the "trade" to make something yourself. ;)

IsaacT

For real! It is so rewarding! And when you show someone a really awesome high powered laser, and they're all like "Dude, where did you GET that?!" You can be all like "Oh, just built this with some spare time, no bigs."

And then they will berate you for working a low income, burger flipping job because they don't realize that you can't just walk in to a nice place, use something you built to burn a prospective employers desk, and walk out with a high paying job.

If I were you I would buy from a forum member, I did and I am still very pleased :) My 445nm smokes everything I point it at and is built solid... With all the builders on here you get a huge selection to choose from. Plus you don't have to worry about 2-3 month shipping times...