Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a projector recommendation please.

I want to get a projector and am completely confused by sites like dino direct and others with the amount of choices. I don't have a lot to spend and was thinking about maybe $250-$300 with shipping. I want to be able to hook it up to a music source and be able to control programming or download free programs from the web. I like the animated programs, but don't want to be limited to just a few built in. I would like it to have 405 for sure, 532 and 650 as well.

I see these units on places like dino direct...but there's so much, I don't know what is junk and what is decent? I just want it to monkey around with, maybe learn to write some programs, etc....I don't need anything professional.

Somebody point me in the right direction please.

I would be most grateful for any replies:thanks:

If it were already in the states, that would be a big plus.

I want to get a projector and am completely confused by sites like dino direct and others with the amount of choices. I don't have a lot to spend and was thinking about maybe $250-$300 with shipping. I want to be able to hook it up to a music source and be able to control programming or download free programs from the web. I like the animated programs, but don't want to be limited to just a few built in. I would like it to have 405 for sure, 532 and 650 as well.

I see these units on places like dino direct...but there's so much, I don't know what is junk and what is decent? I just want it to monkey around with, maybe learn to write some programs, etc....I don't need anything professional.

Somebody point me in the right direction please.

I would be most grateful for any replies:thanks:

If it were already in the states, that would be a big plus.

You read my Reke 500 RGB review right? (I think we talked a few months ago)

That's your best best for a "budget" projector.. You'll need to spend another couple hundred dollars on software and PC interface units though if you want to program your own shows (or download and watch pre-programmed stuff)...

This unit will work out of the box by playing music to it and can be hooked up to ta PC with the right hardware and software.

You likely won't find anything in the US for under a grand however and it's probably still made in China.

If you are looking at something higher end You probably want at least 1 W of power total, 30k Galvos, analog color and an ILDA interface... However that type of setup is likely to run between $1500-4000....

ARG

That's your best best for a "budget" projector.. You'll need to spend another couple hundred dollars on software and PC interface units though if you want to program your own shows (or download and watch pre-programmed stuff)...

This unit will work out of the box by playing music to it and can be hooked up to ta PC with the right hardware and software.

You likely won't find anything in the US for under a grand however and it's probably still made in China.

If you are looking at something higher end You probably want at least 1 W of power total, 30k Galvos, analog color and an ILDA interface... However that type of setup is likely to run between $1500-4000....

Yup the REKE is the cheapest RGB unit there is. 1W units will run you 800$~

Also, whatever you do. DO NOT GET ISHOW

Last edited:
For the life of me, I couldn't remember your user name...sorry!

We did talk and I even went and ordered it from Dino, they screwed up the order and i never received it (nor did they ever charge my CC) thank goodness.

Could you send me the link for that unit again if it's not too much trouble? I had a great coupon back then as well, you're probably up on the discount codes for them as well.

Thanks,

For the life of me, I couldn't remember your user name...sorry!

We did talk and I even went and ordered it from Dino, they screwed up the order and i never received it (nor did they ever charge my CC) thank goodness.

Could you send me the link for that unit again if it's not too much trouble? I had a great coupon back then as well, you're probably up on the discount codes for them as well.

Thanks,

Weird that it never got shipped... I know at least 4 or 5 others got theirs between then and now...

Review Thread

Product Page

Use Coupon Code: Thanksgiving - Save: US$ 49.88... You get it for $199.51 + shipping.

Only good for another 16 days though so get on it!

It was the server that regected it. By the time I found out, I just blew it off...Thanks for the code. I'm going to order in the morning:beer:

Weird that it never got shipped... I know at

least 4 or 5 others got theirs between then and now...

Review Thread

Product Page

Use Coupon Code: Thanksgiving - Save: US$ 49.88... You get it for $199.51 + shipping.

Only good for another 16 days though so get on it!