Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a good quality true 5mW-10mW green laser pointer

I have a 4.99mW green professional pointer--they cost $140--still want?

BTW one post at a time.. if you are adding more do not double post (you really should use edit/copy /dele then add the two int one post.

ALSO we really like it when a new member takes the time to go to our WELCOME section'' did you see "newcomers''? that is what you are..lol

Your (general) location really needs to be placed into your profile , as then it appears when we click you...my apology if you have already added that.
What you may not know--by FDA rules some class of lasers need to be 5mW or less....SO they use that 5mW for the label.. the power on those labels does NOT come from a reading of the mW ..
the (now) extremely low priced pen-pointers (R,G&V) are as cheap as 1$usd each w/ free$hip!! (try ebay seller 'blab 1391') <THAT IS CORRECT.. SORRY FOR THE ERROR.
-I got the low price at his auctions.. he is listing more and more as Buy It Now. that price s 4.99usd for RGV
BUT none will be anywhere near 5mW-- they EACH will meter between 10 to 40 mW to as high as 80 or 90 mW.. The green pointers are especially expensive to make at just 5mW.-easy to find reds at 5mW.
I also recommend Odic Force (UK)
AND even just 5mW can cause eye damage (getting 'blinded' with any power laser is VERY VERY rare..) & >
Amusement parks linked to thousands of injuries in 2016 - CNN
and...From 1990 to 2004, there were 52 deaths associated with amusement park rides... (I stand corrected my bad)
..about the only way to get killed by a laser is to have a projector fall on your head.
And of course never EVER point any laser at any living thing, or cars-trains or aircraft
.no exceptions//
cheerz m8
hak in TEXAS

Last edited:

defy

BTW one post at a time.. if you are adding more do not double post (you really should use edit/copy /dele then add the two int one post.

ALSO we really like it when a new member takes the time to go to our WELCOME section'' did you see "newcomers''? that is what you are..lol

Your (general) location really needs to be placed into your profile , as then it appears when we click you...my apology if you have already added that.
What you may not know--by FDA rules some class of lasers need to be 5mW or less....SO they use that 5mW for the label.. the power on those labels does NOT come from a reading of the mW ..
the (now) extremely low priced pen-pointers (R,G&V) are as cheap as 1$usd each w/ free$hip!! (try ebay seller 'blab3191') (or 19)
BUT none will be anywhere near 5mW-- they EACH will meter between 30 or 40 mW to as high as 80 or 90 mW.. The green pointers are especially expensive to make at just 5mW.-easy to find reds at 5mW.
AND even just 5mW can cause eye damage (getting 'blinded' with any power laser is VERY VERY rare..) & >50 people die each year at USA amusement parks..about the only way to get killed by a laser is to have a projector fall on your head.
And of course never EVER point any laser at any living thing, or cars-trains or aircraft
.no exceptions//
cheerz m8
hak in TEXAS
thx. well a lot of ppl cld die from a laser if u point it at a plane and it crashes... :/

GSS

Just want to add, if rush shipping cost's from the US to you isn't an issue, Optotronic's sight show's price's in all different curency's.
They build alot of hi end systems for University's which i'm sure some are located outside the of the US.
Jack the owner usually even picks up the phone, at least a couple years ago. which is a big plus from messaging through emails.
He was was very friendly with me and even gave me plenty of time over a $110 75mw pen pointer. I would factor in the time difference an give him a call.. Can't hurt.

defy

Just want to add, if rush shipping cost's from the US to you isn't an issue, Optotronic's sight show's price's in all different curency's.
They build alot of hi end systems for University's which i'm sure some are located outside the of the US.
Jack the owner usually even picks up the phone, at least a couple years ago. which is a big plus from messaging through emails.
He was was very friendly with me and even gave me plenty of time over a $110 75mw pen pointer. I would factor in the time difference an give him a call.. Can't hurt.
thanks for that piece of info! ony thing is, the shipping costs may be worth it if i was gonna order some £100+ laser, but considering the laser i saw on their website that i wanted was just over the minimum required price that you have to pay customs for, it wasnt really worth it. sorry if u dont udnerstand my waffling ;)
(basically, if product is over a certain price in GBP, then u hav to pay 20£ additional fees to UK Customs)

defy

thanks for that piece of info! ony thing is, the shipping costs may be worth it if i was gonna order some £100+ laser, but considering the laser i saw on their website that i wanted was just over the minimum required price that you have to pay customs for, it wasnt really worth it. sorry if u dont udnerstand my waffling ;)

the (now) extremely low priced pen-pointers (R,G&V) are as cheap as 1$usd each w/ free$hip!! (try ebay seller 'blab3191') (or 19)
BUT none will be anywhere near 5mW-- they EACH will meter between 30 or 40 mW to as high as 80 or 90 mW.. The green pointers are especially expensive to make at just 5mW.-easy to find reds at 5mW.
AND even just 5mW can cause eye damage (getting 'blinded' with any power laser is VERY VERY rare..) & >50 people die each year at USA amusement parks..about the only way to get killed by a laser is to have a projector fall on your head.
.no exceptions//
cheerz m8
hak in TEXAS
you dont happen to have a link to this seller by any chance do you. as i cant seem to find blab 3191 /blab3119

GSS

(basically, if product is over a certain price in GBP, then u hav to pay 20£ additional fees to UK Customs)
No problems I totally understand:) I also didn't realize you went researched his sight so well..
Yeah to pay so so much for a $20 to $30 pointer is insane:(

GSS

you dont happen to have a link to this seller by any chance do you. as i cant seem to find blab 3191 /blab3119
Are you talking about the 4.99mw pointer for $140? It's believe it's member Hakzaw he posted about it who has it.

defy

Are you talking about the 4.99mw pointer for $140? It's believe it's member Hakzaw he posted about it who has it.
sorry if i replied 2 the wrong post. still getting my head round this forum! no i meant the $1 laser from ebay that was mentioned frm a dude called blab3191 or blab3119 or sumthing

defy

No problems I totally understand:) I also didn't realize you went researched his sight so well..
Yeah to pay so so much for a $20 to $30 pointer is insane:(
yup, they're just aftr ur money lol. moneysavingexpert forums wld prbly hav a heartattak if someone payed this kinda price :/

Please try not to double-post as much - you can reply to multiple comments in the same reply...

There's really not much in the way of UK sellers of pointers - the law restricts the sale of pointers over 1mw (so no class 2/3/4) in shops, and most online stores match this. Fortunately there's fewer rules regarding importing them, though it is possible for purchases to be seized by customs. Most suppliers that this forum uses are either in the US (Survival Lasers, DTR, both for parts for laser builds) or in China. JetLasers and Sanwu are both regarded as very good quality although at a much higher price.

GSS

sorry if i replied 2 the wrong post. still getting my head round this forum! no i meant the $1 laser from ebay that was mentioned frm a dude called blab3191 or blab3119 or sumthing
There was a Brandon7358 that chimed in and another post something about a 1mw Maplin??
I'm got lost here to;)

Last edited:

defy

There was a Brandon7358 that chimed in and another post something about a 1mw Maplin??
I'm got lost here to;)
yh, the maplin one was good. in fact that is the laser im looking to replace as i lost it...

defy

Please try not to double-post as much - you can reply to multiple comments in the same reply...

There's really not much in the way of UK sellers of pointers - the law restricts the sale of pointers over 1mw (so no class 2/3/4) in shops, and most online stores match this. Fortunately there's fewer rules regarding importing them, though it is possible for purchases to be seized by customs. Most suppliers that this forum uses are either in the US (Survival Lasers, DTR, both for parts for laser builds) or in China. JetLasers and Sanwu are both regarded as very good quality although at a much higher price.
thx for that. sorry about double posting. still new to the forum and its a tad complicated (the only other forum im used to is reddit - and its a bit simpler/cleaner lol, although i do like this forum - way more friendly lol

Encap

Your best bet close to UK is http://www.roithner-laser.com/laser_pointers.html if you want a certain low output pen.
Their RPL-532 series is both output controled and IR filtered. THey offer several different models 520nm and 532nm although not dirt cheap. Euro 25 and up

If you want excellent quality high output see : https://www.sanwulasers.com/ and https://www.jetlasers.org/

If the neither thin pen style or <1mW or <5mW output really matter to you you can opt for low end mass produced Chinese 301-or303 from China on eBay for $5 -10

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter