Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a cheap enough high quality green laser only for pointing, suggestions ?

damenz

Hey, i wanted to buy a 303 Laser Pointer from laserpointerstore but i noticed randomly a youtube video that was saying that most cheap green laser pointers are super dangerous even with safety goggles so i decided to not buy it. I didn't understood the whole Video (the guys english was bad. He was talking something about radiation, thats all i understood but still i dont want any risk so i will avoid these laser pointers) but yeah.

Can someone recommend me a green laser pointer with low price as possible and still in high quality so there is no risk ?
I am looking for a green laser with about 100Mw (i dont wanna burn really stuff and i know 100mw can burn some stuff but i like the brightness of the 100mw ones...)

Hey, i wanted to buy a 303 Laser Pointer from laserpointerstore but i noticed randomly a youtube video that was saying that most cheap green laser pointers are super dangerous even with safety goggles so i decided to not buy it. I didn't understood the whole Video (the guys english was bad. He was talking something about radiation, thats all i understood but still i dont want any risk so i will avoid these laser pointers) but yeah.

Can someone recommend me a green laser pointer with low price as possible and still in high quality so there is no risk ?
I am looking for a green laser with about 100Mw (i dont wanna burn really stuff and i know 100mw can burn some stuff but i like the brightness of the 100mw ones...)
you can build one with sharp 505nm diode or buy from sanwu laser

GSS

The radiation is called "IR" and is a bi product of how these DPSS laser's are made.
It's relatively safe as the IR is kinda low and is focused straight out basicly with the beam of the laser.
Your cheapest option is a 301, 303, basicly any 301, 302, 303, 304, which are really the same laser but numbered different from the company just to sell more, or some might have a extra cap to make star patterns.
I would recommend ebay over "laserpointerstore". They just meter the same exact units and charge extra.
For $5 each on ebay you can buy 2 or 3 and they can run anywhere from 40mw to 90mw.
90mw isn't much of a burner but still dangerous and very bright and hard on the eyes. You might light a match and pop some black balloons.

If you focus the energy from a 4 mw laser pointer on your retina, that can blind you too and they are considered safe by the FDA. It's all in how you use a laser and how stupid someone is with one.

GSS

You can look into a 520nm direct diode laser build. They work in cold weather as the 532's DPSS don't like and work well when it's cold.
Sanwu is good source but if you want quick shipping there's a couple great top notch member builders that can put one together based that live in the US. :)

I would just buy any of the 301 or 303 532nm green laser pointers listed on eBay. Last I checked you could buy one for $6.00 with free shipping to the US. I have several and most measure around 80 mW which is plenty bright enough to see the beam in dim lighting conditions.You can also buy these with accessories like "star caps", diffraction gratings, and batteries for $10.00 total, but the batteries are not very good. They take a 18650 Li-ion battery which is better purchased separately.

GSS

I would just buy any of the 301 or 303 532nm green laser pointers listed on eBay. Last I checked you could buy one for $6.00 with free shipping to the US. I have several and most measure around 80 mW which is plenty bright enough to see the beam in dim lighting conditions.You can also buy these with accessories like "star caps", diffraction gratings, and batteries for $10.00 total, but the batteries are not very good. They take a 18650 Li-ion battery which is better purchased separately.
^^^^^^^^ THIS^^^^^^^^
Paul we seem to constantly post about the 301's being a good starter laser and the best deal;)
:unsure:There has to be a way for new members during registration to see something as a explanation as to why and how cheap they can be..:unsure:

Last edited:

damenz

Thank you for your guys answers and recommendations.

I really like the 303 Laser Pointer but i try to avoid it even if you guys mean its safe... Actually, i want to use it outside just for pointing around and not on reflectable objects (i know all that already) but still i am so scared that one day i get blined by it because whatever reason... you never know.
Lets say i want to point on a mountain and who knows ? maybe there is glass laying around on that mountain and through being unlucky, i hit with my laser that glass and it reflects back and blinds me...
I want 100% safety.

If i wont find anything, then i will buy a 303, but for now i try the alternative sites that you guys posted to find a safe laser pointer.

I also liked the Idea with the 520nm one. I din't understood everything about that "cold" thing but still i like it.
I never found any laser pointer on ebay. Maybe i have to change ebays language and then try again. Lets see

GSS

Thank you for your guys answers and recommendations.

I really like the 303 Laser Pointer but i try to avoid it even if you guys mean its safe... Actually, i want to use it outside just for pointing around and not on reflectable objects (i know all that already) but still i am so scared that one day i get blined by it because whatever reason... you never know.
Lets say i want to point on a mountain and who knows ? maybe there is glass laying around on that mountain and through being unlucky, i hit with my laser that glass and it reflects back and blinds me...
I want 100% safety.

If i wont find anything, then i will buy a 303, but for now i try the alternative sites that you guys posted to find a safe laser pointer.

I also liked the Idea with the 520nm one. I din't understood everything about that "cold" thing but still i like it.
I never found any laser pointer on ebay. Maybe i have to change ebays language and then try again. Lets see
??????
This is one odd response??:whistle:
If your legit forgive me.
Not much of a chance your going to get hit with a reflection from a mountain that happens to have a mirror or glass laying on the ground that's miles and miles away. The spot would also be very very wide at that point.
I would say it's .000000000000000000000000001% chance.
I like your safety worry's but it's seems laser's aren't for you then. What is the idea that you like about the 520nm diodes if you don't understand the cold thing??
Ebay is LOADED with cheap price pointers.. so try a little harder they are there:)

Last edited:

damenz

Alright, i searched on a lot of sites and i made a decision: I will buy the 303 laser pointer since i didnt found any high quality green laser pointer. The thing is, i dont know how i can tell if a green laser pointer is a high quality one or not. I dont know what to look for.
Lets take the 303 laser for example at laserpointstore. Dunno where to lookup for it (i know its not a high quality one but just for a example).

Anyways i think i buy the 303. And GSS you are right, i forgot that i have a bigger / better reaction time if i should hit my own eye with a laser and a high distance or through reflections and high distances. My bad.

So i think i should be fine. The example was also for other people, i dont want to hurt someone by accident when i am pointing miles away. But i take care now.

GSS

Yes as far as worrying about others, at a far distance the spot will be very wide.
I don't believe your in the US but don't pay more than $5 or $6 US dollars for a single 301, 303 532nm laser.
For about $8 or $10 some come with a cheap charger and a battery. The charger will be ok as long as you don't charge the battery for more than a couple hours. I would though delete thee battery option like Paul mentioned and get a good 18650 battery.
I would get 2 303's for $5 and another 303 with the charger option and there's a good chance one laser will be alot stronger..
For around $20 that's a good deal.

damenz

Holy, what a amazing answer and a amazing idea ! thank you so much.

So if i buy 2 303 lasers, i have a better chance to get a stronger laser pointer WOW.

Is there a way to measure it MW then without these devices that show you the mw (i dont know what they are called) ?i saw that these devices cost more than 60 bucks so this is way to expensive.

Ps. Sorry i forgot to say, i am from germany but my english is fine :).

Edit: Can someone link me a site where i can grab 2x cheap 303 lasers and another link where i can grab one with a charger + batteries ?
On ebay i noticed that if i change the language, i find a lot of results but they dont ship to germany.
And on ebay.de there are 2 options. One with and one without charger + batteris and both cost about 10$ which is not worth it.

Also i realized that on the pictures the laser has a different name from each seller. At the middle of the laser pointer it says ASSASSIN from a seller. On another sellers page it says "JD-303" instead. And another seller only "303"... so confusing.
I want to avoid fake laser pointers. So what should i look for o_O

Edit 2: Okay finally i found a seller who is selling cheap + ships to my country: https://www.ebay.com/itm/10Miles-Ad...673695?hash=item41fd3f88df:g:zwEAAOSwDXxcj4F9

If you look at the middle of the laser pointer on the pictures, it shows different names on each picture. The first picture says "Laser 301" and the others "SDLaser 303". Is it fake or is it fine ?

Edit 3: Is this laser pointer fake: https://de.burninglaserpointer.com/...d47p2pHlcqxpvEQY4CxPe-_pcYC5V_rIaAsYyEALw_wcB
Says 200mw and only 20$...kinda fishy.

Last edited:

damenz

Okay, i ordered from the ebay link that i posted. I hope i wont reget it cuz the letters in the middle of the laser pointer are really confusing.

GSS

I assure you they are all the same.. One might come with a star cap and could be the only reason it's called a JD 303.
There's no fake 301's 302's 303's etc.. In fact it wouldn't be possible to produce them any cheaper but it doesn't mean they are not a good starter laser;)
The last link is not going to do 200mw though.. They average 70mw to 80mw..