Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a certain firefox plugin

Does anyone know if there is a plugin for firefox that allows you to "open" a media file and it will begin to play it as it downloads? much like IE6 (and previous versions) would do with WMP. Right now when you open something it just downloads the whole thing (as if you were saving it) and then opens it when it's done.

and incase no one knows what I'm talking about I took a screenshot of it working here on my Virtual PC emulator using windows XP. On the website when I clicked download it asked if I wanted to save the file or open it, I clicked open and it brought up WMP and started to buffer the video:

Last edited:

Grix

I know the VLC plugin streams videos inside Firefox, but it might not be exactly what you're looking for.

^
nope, I'm not sure at all. But if it worked 7+ years ago I don't see why it couldn't work now?

the 1st one comments are saying is not compatible. The 2nd one I've tried but just can't seem to open the files, I have to wait till they're done, then I can right click and say "view with VLC" (lawl)

I do appreciate you finding these though, thank you.