Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for 532nm dpss laser with atleast 50mW (preferably around 100mW)

Padrepapp

Hi,

I am new around, I am looking for an 532nm dpss laserpointer with at least 50mW power (officially).
It is really important that the laser has data of Beam Diameter and Divergence.
Is it possible to buy such a laser for around 100$?

It would be nice if it had some threading at the end, because I would like to design my own 10x Beam Expander for it. So I only have to design and make a tube for the lenses with a threading to attach it onto it.

I found this:

Which is around 250$ with a 10x Beam Expander, has a Beam Diameter of 2.5mm and divergence around 2 mrad. This is almost perfect, but I saw some laser pointers where the divergence specified as <1.5mrad. And also, I don't really need 200mW.

So if you could send me a couple of stores/companys supplying lasers like this, I would be really happy. Thanks!

If all you need is a 50 mW 532nm DPSS laser and with good divergence specs just get a 301 or 303 532nm pointer from anyone on eBay. You can get one of these for $6.00 to $10.00 with free shipping and it will measure between 50 mW and 85 mW. These same lasers are also for sale at other sites for much more money, but they are all the same, so just buy one for the least that you can pay for it.

It isn't worth the extra $10 to get this laser from a seller here because they are not any different from the lasers you can get on eBay.

If you are not here to stay
dont bother to introduce yourself in the Newcomers section.
A member here has a good deal listed.. he has great rep here-- and has two- I have the $7.70 one .. both are great and you will save with rechargeable 18650 .
Sellers on ebay cannot list the power. it will be what you want/need.

Alan is 'KingKube' here & blab1391 ebay

Padrepapp

Thank you for the fast replies!

I forgot to mention, that I would need many of these kind of lasers. Like a few for the first prototypes, and then maybe 20 for the first batch, and 200 for the final configuration.
So I am not really looking for 1 or 2 buys from ebay, but rather a supplier, which can sell in this quantity, with reliable specification regarding power, divergence and beam diameter.

Are there any suppliers which supply only the laser+optics part of a dpss laser pointer like an OEM part? Which could be build into other things, and are not in a laser pointer format?

GSS

You could look at a company like "Fasttech" who give price reductions on bulk.

I 'think' what you seek would be called a 532 module.. TONS of them FS at ebay and not expensive --just add 3.7 vdc I have some 100mW 532 modules I paid less than $20 for.
BUt for about $1 you can buy the green penpointers and remove the module. They range between 20 and 80 mW.

For the module only you will pay way too much-- The cheapest is about $1-- in a pen housing-- but it w/o and you pay TOO much for the same module.. they sell them that way & at that price.... because they can.... and those who do not know this keep them 'doing' us that way.

Alan can buy you as many as you want and put them in a 'private listing' that only you can see.

Last edited:

Padrepapp

Thank you for all the recommendations, I think I will PM Alan/KingKube!