Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for 2W+ 445nm portable lasers

Thanks for the replies to both of you.
Strange, yes, i agree but I figured if I used my range finder to confirm distance. Then set up a static range to set the focus for that range all I would have to do is drive back to the same location. Turn off the car so I have no vibrations then hold the laser in a solid mount as it burns through the laces. I figured 30-60 seconds before one lace broke and the shoes fell.
Trust me this would be far safer than trying to cut them down myself.
Also 1000x times faster than getting the power crew to come out repeatedly.
Hey, I just thought if a laser is a tool why not put it to good use.
Now that I spelled out the whole game plan do you have any good ideas?
I.E. would it be cheaper to use a plug in unit and an inverter plugged into the car cigarette lighter?

you know what you should use? A shotgun. Just start shootin at the shoes up there with dragon breath rounds... Hopefully you will just catch the shoe on fire.

I think you can shine a laser through a telescope for some concentrated burning at a distance.
O and just attach the laser to the end of those extendable tree pruners, turn it on and extend it up there.

Last edited:

Paddy

I was thinking that too, attach a 1-2w laser on a pole that gets the laser a few inches away from the shoes (IR is probably best if you just need it to burn)

You can set it up before hand to know where the focus point will be, could work.
Only problem is the law, we're not aloud to use lasers in public places here in the UK not sure if it's the same for you, but i'd check out that you wont get arrested for doing it before you try.

If it's public indoors probably not. I have done it in public places outdoors just off into the sky or water for brief moments.
Everyone must see the beauty of laser beams. I show so many new people and they all think it's the coolest thing ever.
Especially a bunch of high hippies around a campfire.

Last edited: