Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for 2 kinds of circuit boards. HELP

Ok so I have 2 separate projects going on and I need 2 separate boards for them.

First most of the host that I am using for laser projects at one time used a driver that would just drop in on top of where the positive contact for the battery is. These are usually in the 17mm range and circular. The driver would have a spring soldered to the bottom of it for positive contact and the outter ring would make contact with the host to pick up ground. What I need is just a flat board that I can solder on either side of that is not a driver at all so that I can use a different driver. This board would look like a coin and have its center section separated from the outter section to prevent a short.

The other board I am looking for would be very simple and Would just have a place to solder my positive and negative wires coming in and going back out and have holes in between to solder Zener diodes and caps across the lines.

Any help finding these?

Sure you must be looking for something like this>

I just made these and they are $1.00 each and made from FR-4 glass board with 2 oz copper, I can make you just about any type you want.

Let me know...

To make similar boards like FP's, you will need a dremel, a old dvd disk, and some solder. First, cut off a circular ish (doesnt have to be perfect) piece from the dvd disk, and make sure its slightly bigger than what you need. then make a hole in the middle, and put it onto your dremel using a 402 mandrel (or something similar), then just turn on your dremel, and hold a peice of abrasive (sanpaper etc) against the edge, this will grind the disk down into a perfect circle. Keep grinding down until you get the size you need.

To make the contact, make the hole slightly larger, then melt some solder in a spoon (not the best idea, but it works!) and then pour it directly into a hole, creating a sizeable blob on the side you poured from. repeat on the other side, but use less solder, this will "lock" the solder in place and prevent it from sliding out through the hole. while the solder is still liquid, you can push in a spring if you want. melt a tiny bit of solder on one side and "solder" in your wire. For the negative contact, use copper foil tape on the outer edge to make contact with the side of the host.

Hope you understand what I mean.

Last edited:
Flaminpro, that is exactly what I am after, however I have been making something very similar myself already. What I really want is the exact same thing except with an outer ring for ground.

I can make them with an outer copper ring for the ground, I have not because I have found it's really not necessary but if you want it there I can put one there !

Flaminpro, that is exactly what I am after, however I have been making something very similar myself already. What I really want is the exact same thing except with an outer ring for ground.

AUS

I saw some for sale somewhere, blank 16mm disks with a ring around the outside and battery contact in the middle. I think it was eBay but not sure. If I see the,again ill let you know.

You could also remove all the components fron an existing torch driver and just solder wires to it, or use a blank driver board. Moh's are good, here is a link (fully assembled boards not blank pcb's but you get the idea).