Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

lol Wicked Lasers Warning

Dear Customer,

Thank you for participating in the Laser Community forum.

The new LC rules have changed and we’ve noticed your signature is written in a manner that is inconsistent with our rules and regulations. Please do not post any company names, products, or logos not approved by Wicked Lasers. To learn more about the new LC rules and regulations, please visit:

http://www.lasercommunity.com/please-read-first-rules-and-regulations-t14378.html

Sincerely,

Wicked Lasers

hmm got warned today
cuz my sig had a pic of DL's hulk.
w/e Ive had it with LC
Changed my signature to:

I own nothing but Wicked Lasers to comply with newly implemented rules

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
that is pretty sad.. how is it a laser community if you can't talk about any other companies?

c0ldshadow said:
that is pretty sad.. how is it a laser community if you can't talk about any other companies?

I agree. I was until recently a supporter of its forums, both of my pointers are Wicked lasers (35mw advanced and Pulsar 125) and I still use and love both of the lasers. However their Stalinist attitude of late has turned me away from their forums. I want to read more than; Countless Evo vs classic threads.

I love lasers, lasers of all kind (including Wicked lasers), but to surpress any notion or discussion of any laser except for their own is just wrong. It is not a laser community anymore. It is our lasers or no lasers. The threads there now, are just like reading the same column of the same newspaper over and over again.

It is a shame they have chosen to do this, as they are just instruments in their own inevitable demise.

Freedom of speech, freedom of choice, for real laser enthusiasts who can freely talk about our life consuming hobby, is what makes a true laser community.

It is sad that the mods have now resorted to warnings over Sig pictures now, but I am guessing if they carry on like that, the place will be so dead, there wont be a need for mods.

Jase

Tallaxo said:
It is sad that the mods have now resorted to warnings over Sig pictures now, but I am guessing if they carry on like that, the place will be so dead, there wont be a need for mods.

Minor detail, but I would like to go out on a limb and speak in favor of most of the mods on LC. For the most part, the actual mods are very good and very fair, but they do have to work within the confines of the WL admins and all - those are the people we should be mad at. The mods themselves are rarely to blame, and you may have even noticed a recent modification to LC mod list because of their feelings to the new rules.

Oh wow, I got Atlasnova in my sig there.  I wonder how long it'll take to bring the hammer down on me?  ;D

I don't have any Wicked Laser products.  I don't need another <5mW greenie and the rest of their products are either too expensive, or the same as products from other more reliable companies.

I agree with Pseudo - the mods are cool, it's the higher powers that be that are ruining it for the rest of us.

T

timelord

I got the same message from wicked lasers too ;D ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• 2007-07-17_185000_001.jpg
    2007-07-17_185000_001.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 139
At least they're being upfront about it now so everyone knows who and what they are..... except that they haven't changed their name back to Wicked lasers yet..... so at first the guise of "community" still exist, but we will see how long they survive with those tactics...... Pretty arrogant of themselves to assume everyone wants to only talk about WL all the time with no mention of anything else. ;D

They are starting to sound like a cult that blocks out the real world so newbies don't know any better.

I cant get to LC or Wickedlasers or LaserPointer.com anymore since they went down and came back up again on my "normal" surfing ISP, but if i go onto my gaming ISP i can get there fine. Dont know if i got banned, or if its just some DNS propergation messed up somewhere, ah well, no major loss, but want to try and get some wicked bucks and a freebie is always nice ;)

r8nd0m

I got the message too, even though my signature shows models once sold by WL (chrome and pulsar).

Speaking as a 'Newbie' ::) I find it incredible that such a restricted site for the discussion of lasers can continue to call itself a forum.... I know I'm no expert ;D..... but..... in my opinion an honest, open forum where enthusiasts can compare various products from all available companies is only a problem if a company has a genuine fear of competition. It seems all this will achieve is a stifling of valuable information for newbies and experts alike.

Surely in this day and age, freedom of speech is no longer a luxury.......but a necessity and a basic human right :eek:

/me gets off her soap box and gets back to the kitchen ;D ;D ;D

yep this is exactly why i lost interest in laser "community" very quickly... no open discussion or honesty, i was scared to talk about other lasers even before the rules changes, and it annoys me that it calls itself a "community" when it's...well, so so so not one. i've been almost tempted to copy my price per mW chart onto there just to piss them off, but i don't particularly want to be banned - i may want some wicked bucks in the future, dragon cases *are* very nice.

r8nd0m

marianne said:
i've been almost tempted to copy my price per mW chart onto there just to piss them off, but i don't particularly want to be banned - i may want some wicked bucks in the future, dragon cases *are* very nice.
They'll probably delete it. Quite a few of my posts that don't support or promote WickedLasers get deleted shortly after I post them.

either way i'm barely on LC anymore
its basically all twisted_transistor talking to himself
or him defending his wicked bucks videos

me_too_lazy said:
either way i'm barely on LC anymore
its basically all twisted_transistor talking to himself
or him defending his wicked bucks videos

LOL !!! And don't forget about WL making their own acounts to talk themselves up and make up Fantastical posts about Spyders etc..