Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LO bloody L !!!!

Morepower said:
You know normally when I see these Fantastical, Bullshit posts about Spyders I normally just laugh myself into a coughing fit and then just ignore them. But this one really takes the cake, even to the point of using GREEN text !!! LOL !!!

It was blatantly obviuos that that guy was WL, if not, then he was paid off some how to BULLSHIT about them.

If WL spent half the amount of time making their Spyders do what the "CLAIM" they will, instead of making up Posts that only "STATE" that they do, then these type of posts will be written for them by Satisfied Customers. I've always been of the belief that "word of mouth" is not only the BEST type of advertising you can get, but also the cheapest !!!

It really peeves me to know that after reading these CRAP posts that some poor sucker is going to spend $1700.00 of their hard earned cash only to be, more than likely, bitterly dissapointed. And if that's not bad enough THEN finding themselves having to fork out MORE hard earned cash as well as MORE waiting(which we all hate) to deal with multiple RMAs and possibly MORE dissapointment only to try and get what they paid for. Which IMO is not asking too much !!

As the Spyder II's stand now, these type of posts are nothing but a ruse and I felt a moral obligation to point one of them out. I hate seeing people getting sucked in and ripped off.

If you are reading this WL PULL your fingers out and either make the specs. fit the Spyders OR better still make the Spyders fit the specs !!! They have the potential to be a great Laser, so make them that !!! Stop making up BULLSHIT to deceive people that may or may not know any better !!

Don't get me wrong there are some good ones out there according to their owners, which I do believe, and that's excellent. There just needs to be more of them doing what WL says they will.

This is my 2 cents

Hi Morepower,
I fully agree, if they spent 1/2 the time really trying to improve their quality rather than creating fake accounts and worrying about deleting any WL negative posts; they would be in a much better position than they are now. Truth in advertising is just not part of their business model.

That said, it's been a boom for my business lately:)

Morepower; The RPL is business in AU has really picked up the month, did you get one of them?
I'm guessing it's due to the falling value of the US dollar as overseas sales has doubled in the past 3 months.

Aseras

the spyder 2 looks cool but everything else was a mistake. the spyder 1's were awesome if you got one that worked.
I agree the spyder 2 could be one of the best lasers out there if it lived up to the hype. unfortunately, I've heard of one or 2 in spec, and about 100 having some issues, most of them severe.

Unbelievable.  They deleted Pseudo's post concerning the four Spyders that he actually metered and were well below spec.  Yes, his post was negative - but tastefully worded.  "Fair and balanced" if you will.

I really liked LC when I first lurked there back in April.  Now it's August and the place is a shambles.

Should be "wickedcommunity.com".  I doubt I'll be going there any more, as a purchase of WL products is highly unlikely.

Laq

Yes its gone,. it was a hell of a big post with lots of balanced information indeed. however he did not mentioned anything about how amazing the spyderII is, and how much more quality it has above other company lasers. Also he didn't say anything about the well know fact that wicked lasers is "the" best laser company in the world. :eek:

/sarcasm mode off

It's sad indeed. people even start their reply's with the next line when posting in this threat:
really don't wanna get banned but.....

This is "fear management". Praise us , or get banished !. not a good strategy in a market where competition is growing. sooner or later everyone will notice it, with them only losing face day by day in this market.

Daedal

WL is seriously gone with the wind. When I first got into lasers I liked their developed site much more than those of other companies who have 'lower spec' sites. But I quickly noticed that I'd rather have a better price on a better laser than a beautiful and jaw dropping manufacturer's website. ;)

Just my 2 cents...

--DDL

Yep, it's a real shame, because the site used to be great back a year or two ago. FYI as a moderator, I was rarely filled in on new things happening on the forum until they were already policy. We weren't even warned beforehand about the "break" that WL decided to do before the rule change, and we definitely weren't told about the rules until everything re-opened. I think that the other mods have the best intentions, and I certainly don't think this catastrophe is their fault, but when a message you disagree with comes from the white-collars, there's only two things you can do; administer a policy against your will or quit, which I chose to do the latter. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :-[ I for one really like WL lasers but I'll be damned if someone isn't allowed to tell me more about their experience with an RPL, Herc or any other laser; and I'm certainly not going to remove their posts just because someone says I should.

It's time to move on to bigger lasers anyway... I've been unsatisfied by handhelds ever since my first one.

K

kingzilla

Hey boomdog, glad to see another WL oldtimer here!  ;D I am just very grateful to have this forum to be a member of. I guess to be controlled by a company, the LC was doomed from the start, eventually this would happen, I am just amazed at how tolerant they were for so long.

P

Placebo

What is it about LC that makes them so irresistable? There is a definite connection between LPF and LC, but it's a one way street.  Check out the passion in some of the posts around here, I mean, people here are affected by what goes on over there!  

And look at what DOES go on over there!  Do they give a flying f_ck about how we feel?  Do they?  I know they are not allowed to address non-WL factions, but you'd think there'd at least be a vague reference or two about us.  Heartless jerks!  

And then....the,  .... the, fake posts!  Trying to promote your stupid products again!  Oh yes!  I know! You aren't kidding anyone but yourself WL!  Nice try!

I can't stand the lies anymore! Why  can't they face the truth?

They ban my posts, and make me press my nose against the window while I watch from outside,  my contempt growing stronger and stronger.... while my heart longs for the LC that could have been...  Should have been...  *sniff!

Pretty f_cking pathetic, yes?

You bet it is!  Like a bunch of jealous chicks, right? Hoo-eee!  

Aseras

if we were buying thier product they would care. since we do nothing but berate them, they don't. Little do they realize we WOULD buy their product and actually make real posts like this and praise it on all the forums if it were a worthy product. We'd generate more sales and more publicity or them than they could. Right now they are coasting on their old rep and it's going fast. We also tend to bitch about shitty products on all the forums. That's the best part about the internet.

That's how business used work, you make a good product and it will sell itself. Now people will screw over anyone to make a quick buck. Corners will be cut to maximize profit will be taken and businesses will be folded to minimze risk once a certain profit threshold has been reached before the heat gets turned on.

First of all,
  Hi Jack, glad to hear your business is booming !!  But unfortunately no I didn't get an RPL, it would have made a nice addition to my collection though.  
It could be because of the falling US dollar and/or it could be the fact that they have done their research and realise they will get what they paid for.

OK, time to be FRANK then, to give an overview(based on what I see) of the Wicked Lasers/Spyder situation, in a REAL Forum, where it is ALLOWED and won't be censored or DELETED !!!

WL go around making fake accounts and Wonderous posts about their Spyder.  The problem is these Posts that are NOT typical of the everyday, average, up to spec. unit you would be expecting to receive after reading said Posts.  

Instead what they are REALLY doing is pissing in peoples pockets and telling them it's raining !!!

That kind of tactic in itself is dishonest, missleading and borders on being fraudulent IMO.

Why do I care ??  Why did I take the time to write this ??

It has nothing to do with what WL think or weather they'll read this, I truely couldn't careless.

I care about ANYONE that is being taken for a ride or being dishonestly misled, I took the time to write this post in the hope that anyone wanting to buy a Spyder can now make a more informed decision.  I really hate it when you spend good money, in good faith, only to receive a product that does not perform the way you were told it would !!

The Censored post can be read by clicking on the link in my first post.

And below is just ONE of the posts(by an experienced Laserist) which was deleted from that thread.  I just knew they were going to delete it so I copied and pasted it.  You can make up your own mind.

Wicked Lasers God

Picture(s): 1
Posted: 8/02/07, 7:40 PM    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I too won a Spyder Gx like Chargerman, but did not post a review as the results were among the most disappointing I've ever seen - just short of the Spymode 150.

I guess its not fair to say that every Spyder sucks, and the OP may have gotten one of the incredibly rare units that performs to spec, but I see them as an exception, not what a buyer should expect.

I would like to take a more positive attitude, and I obviously can't claim to have tested the whole Spyder population. However, after personally testing 4 different Spyder II Gx units, not a single one of which even hit the low end 200mW spec, I can't claim any confidence in WL. On top of that, the divergence on the units seemed in the 1.0-1.5mRad range (I do not have equpiment to know for sure, but my RPL easily beat the Spyders and its beam is much thinner)

All in all, the Spyder II is, IMO, a huge disgrace to WL, and a pathetic burden to our hobby. I'm hoping perhaps a Spyder III?... and a good one? It would be nice to see WL debut a high-end unit that can justify more than a small fraction of its price tag.

Remarks specifically for toyoda:

You may want to be careful about how hot of an environment the laser is used in. The Spyder is NOT meant for very warm environments, but you'll have to ask WL for the temp range since I've forgotten the spec. Same with cold although you would mainly need to worry about poor performance, not permanent damage.

Also, the comment about 1 minute to get a nice TEM00 beam is a little disturbing. I would think it shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

One last comment is regarding the TEC. I'm not sure what the deal is, but in multiple units I've heard/heard of a rattling inside which I'm guessing is where the TEC broke or somehow the system was damaged. On these units the power stability is horrible and short lived. It doesn't seem to take much to cause this problem, and if WL comes out with another Spyder, it would be nice to see build quality improved. They can call it "shock-proof", but both the Aries and RPL seem far liklier to survive a drop.

</my 2 cents>

P

Placebo

OK, so WL should stop decieiving the public and ripping people off and false advertising and fake posts and on and on...

How about being truthful about the transaction? Should vendors tell customers that the sale and shipment of the product will be conducted in violation of a variety laws, codes, and treaties?

We demand that WL conduct itself like a legitimate business, does that include compliance with Title 21? When we obtain our lasers via the deception of federal agencies, fake markings on packages, fraudulent documentaion, is that OK?

Milos

hi guys, glad to see familiar names again!

Yesterday I posted a long but tasteful thread on LCF titled "Is it really necessary to go this far ?" which got large number of good responses including Nero's in 2 hrs. Mind the fact I wrote it in as calm and professional manner as I could, making sure I don't break any rules. I simply asked for everyones opinion since biggest Laser community forum online has turned into Wicked Lasers only forum.

This morning this thread that carried some last bit of hope for me is gone and all those people's opinions who responded tastefully without breaking any rules are obviously not of WL company interest i guess.

So I say if those rules were enforced because of spammers as WL says, than I'm sorry, - SPAMMERS WON.

Used to be cool place. Now its going to be only for WL newbies.

Well its nice too see a lot of the old faces over here now. It's getting to a point where I keep forgetting to check LC now..... Its a shame as it was where I learned alot of usefull stuff and meet alot of nice ppl but now this place has become my new home. I just hope my 3rd SpyderII is in spec as a review will be going on both forums, having said that I am sure of its not in spec it will be deleted off the LC if all these reports are to go by /:

Placebo said:
OK, so WL should stop decieiving the public and ripping people off and false advertising and fake posts and on and on...

How about being truthful about the transaction? Should vendors tell customers that the sale and shipment of the product will be conducted in violation of a variety laws, codes, and treaties?

We demand that WL conduct itself like a legitimate business, does that include compliance with Title 21? When we obtain our lasers via the deception of federal agencies, fake markings on packages, fraudulent documentaion, is that OK?
well the sad fact is some laws are...stupid. just because a few idiot teenagers decided to use (mostly class 3a) lasers to shine in bus driver's eyes, or shine at planes, doesn't mean the rest of us should be punished. it's even worse here in britain and over in australia - the limit is <1mW, not <5mW. screw obeying that law - it's as ridiculous as a law banning hammers because you could hit someone over the head with one or throw it through the windscreen of a moving car (just my opinion)...and the police don't seem to waste their time on it as long as people aren't stupid with their lasers - dangerous actions should be punished, not the possibility of them.