Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

List of 445nm diodes

Mouted in axiz module with additional heat-sinking to aluminum case. The lens used is cheap acrylic with back opened. Used a custom current regulating DC-DC upconverter circuit to drive it. Ith 220ma roughly 30mw at Ith; Po @ 650ma 615mW; Po @ 1A 1.18W

Tested this diode without a lens because the cheap lens would likely melt: Po @ 1.5A 1.6w Po @ 2A 2.2W, finally 2.3A resulted in device failure, Po was 2.6W at failure

Messing with the amc7135 @ 1400 mA , the beam is no joke.

now at 1.7A and 2.23A. I can only imagine the power. I am going to get a benchtop digital adjustable PSU, not now but soon , so i can experiment with these powers.

Herrursciences seems to be pioneering the ultra high current tests , im just going to ride the coat tails...

@ HumanSymphony - the most i got out of a microboost is 950mA using a BR testload before the driver itself started overheating and shifting its current output.
I'm about to have me a 1050mA AMC7135. You said these get hot with ~8.4v input? What kind of duty cycle can I expect?

Messing with the amc7135 @ 1400 mA , the beam is no joke.

now at 1.7A and 2.23A. I can only imagine the power. I am going to get a benchtop digital adjustable PSU, not now but soon , so i can experiment with these powers.

Herrursciences seems to be pioneering the ultra high current tests , im just going to ride the coat tails...

@ HumanSymphony - the most i got out of a microboost is 950mA using a BR testload before the driver itself started overheating and shifting its current output.

No kidding, I am able to burn wood at a distance of about 10ft.

I think the first thing is going to blow up is the microboost (Jay, you set it up at 664mA was that a microboost?)

If it wasn't for Herrursciences, I would have not even tried going more the 900mA.

I am going to measure the current directly and while I am powering it up this time.

Jose

Mouted in axiz module with additional heat-sinking to aluminum case. The lens used is cheap acrylic with back opened. Used a custom current regulating DC-DC upconverter circuit to drive it. Ith 220ma roughly 30mw at Ith; Po @ 650ma 615mW; Po @ 1A 1.18W

Tested this diode without a lens because the cheap lens would likely melt: Po @ 1.5A 1.6w Po @ 2A 2.2W, finally 2.3A resulted in device failure, Po was 2.6W at failure

Herrursciences, was your a total failure as in dead LD? Mine survived, I turn off immediately.

I'm about to have me a 1050mA AMC7135. You said these get hot with ~8.4v input? What kind of duty cycle can I expect?

Seriously 1 min runs.., we need to find out what kind of resistor we can put in between to cut down the voltage a little bit so that they can run longer..heruursciences any input on this?

Jose , in another thread he said the diode lased at a lower output after "hurting" the diode.

Last edited:
Holy crap , you got the 18650 to flicker? damn..

@heruursciences - nice job man. thanks for sacrificing the diode for the sake of max currents.

Hehehe, not the laser diode started to flicker... it would have been very interesting to see the battery flicker! ;)

Seriously 1 min runs.., we need to find out what kind of resistor we can put in between to cut down the voltage a little bit so that they can run longer..heruursciences any input on this?

Same thing, however, I did run it for a couple of minutes, not sure how long... I "drilled" hole in a Breyer's ice cream bar stick (hey, it was my treat!) and in another instance I ignited a wood match stick.

I feel that I have been lucky enough to run it at these settings and not loose the LD. I will do confirm the Amps and to the temperature test and then turn it down to about 1A.

(Sweating it)
Jose

awsome man.

you deserve some reps from the big boys for taking it there.

i am going to get a digital benchtop psu from extech to mess around with these bad boys as you guys have.

jayrob

My first one listed: (used to have it at 475/315, but turned it up)

A130
Micro BoostDrive
640mA's
AixiZ 405 glass lens
530mW's
18650 Build kit

Second build listed:

A130
Micro BoostDrive
448mA's
AixiZ 405 glass lens (first showed it with a 405-G-1 'small aperture' but changed to an AixiZ 405)
238mW's
SS CR2 build kit

Last edited:
The failure was classic partial COD, permanent mode shift and power now at about 300mw at 650mA. FWIW 6v and 1 ohm resistor will do nicely to run it balls to the walls on most of them. These diodes are like people, different modes, different personalities :)

awsome man.

you deserve some reps from the big boys for taking it there.

i am going to get a digital benchtop psu from extech to mess around with these bad boys as you guys have.

Thanks for the kind words of support, I reallya appreciate it. :D
Jose

At%202.79Arz.jpg
Isn't the Microboost a boost driver? If so, the current you are measuring at the tailcap and the current flowing through the diode will be completely different values.

(somebody correct me if I'm wrong)

Brtaman:

XJ-A140 diode
Microboost
I: 812mW
405-G-1
Po: 807mW
Kryton Groove

Built: 06-15-2010
~15minutes of running