Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Liquid Sky - Help making line and sin wave.

Well, thanks in advance for any help :)

Basically, I've had a set of galvos for quite some time now. They're 20-30kpps depending on scan angle and I'm not sure exactly what they're set at right now. I built and calibrated my sound card DAC and I've used LaserBoy and even a little bit of Spaghetti and got them to make some cool preset/pre-downloaded designs; however, I have yet to find a download for a liquid sky effect and I have yet to learn how to create my own laser light shows using Laserboy.

Essentially, I am just looking if someone could make a Laserboy file/.wav file for a simple horizontal line. Additionally, if it's not too much trouble or if someone has one/knows where to download one, a file which would create a wave, preferably moving so it looks like a moving ocean. I've seen this effect at Disney before, and I know they have much higher powered lasers than I do, however, I planned on using my highest power green (just over 100mW) or else my 1W 445nm and hopefully it will look 1/100th as good.

Again, thanks in advance for any help. I know this is more of a PL sort of post, and if no one can help me here, maybe I'll go there (I'm a "bigger" member here and prefer here :) ).

flecom

all you have to do is send a square wave to your X galvo to make a line, then send a sine wave to your Y galvo to make the "waves"

I havent used spagetti or lasreboy but you could use any signal generator application to do it in real time like

Test Tone Generator

Alright, might give it a shot, thanks :). But to those with a moving one, would be much appreciated :)

flecom

I am fairly certain you should be able to make this with laser boy... maybe check over on their forum?

I have never actually used any of the sound-card based applications for making graphics (only playing back ADAT captured shows I've made in Pangolin) but I would be willing to bet what your asking should be pretty easy as its a pretty simple effect

and sound card app questions more laser boy forum than PL forum after all the drama between bill and james the sound card guys have been laying low on PL :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks again :) It's been a while since I checked out the laserboy forum. Def. a good idea

Grix

I have some simple ilda frames, one horizontal line and one wave, I could send them to you.

I have some simple ilda frames, one horizontal line and one wave, I could send them to you.

ah, that would be great. I didn't get around to the frequency generator, but I'm sure that will work fine since I can import .ilda to laserboy. I think you can upload them here (in case others want them). Or else, I'll PM you my email in addition.

the sound card guys have been laying low on PL :rolleyes:

Don't know about all that now.. I sure haven't been laying low on PL.

If you want to make frames that will work on a soundcard DAC all you need is drlava's ILD SOS program and inkscape, which is free vector graphic editing software. You just draw what you want to be displayed in inkscape, export it as a .dxf file and open the .dxf file in ILD SOS and tune it so it looks best at your galvo speed. You can draw anything, including a line (laser sky) or sine wave.

Last edited:
Yeah... but you know, sometimes people need a little thorn in their side lol. And even if they don't NEED it, it's sometimes fun to be a thorn in someone's side.. There was some collateral damage, for sure.. but I stopped caring there for a bit. We'll see if I continue to post over there in the future.. that's undecided at this point. Admin has no desire to ban me, but a couple of the people there consistently bring out the worst in me (jon..) and while I do find it fun to screw with people for my own twisted kicks (obviously), I have no interest in being a dick 24/7.. sometimes it's nice to be nice.

Plus there's no such thing as bad publicity.. ;)

sorry to go off-topic here..