Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Line Lens Angle question

Achayan

Hi,
Newbie here. Tried google but no clear cut info.
I am planning to buy a small laser 5mW or less for a circular centering device. But the laser shouldn't be in the circular area, only on the sides. I am going to buy 2 line Lasers so that I get a cross line in the center of the circle. While browsing ,I found that they used " Line Lens Angle:120 Degrees Default ( also have 30,45,60 and 90 degrees line lens)"
My question is what does all these angles do? Shorter beam length as it goes from 120 to 30? Same as in our protractor? Can anyone provide a picture of the different angles?
Thanks

Hi,
Newbie here. Tried google but no clear cut info.
I am planning to buy a small laser 5mW or less for a circular centering device. But the laser shouldn't be in the circular area, only on the sides. I am going to buy 2 line Lasers so that I get a cross line in the center of the circle. While browsing ,I found that they used " Line Lens Angle:120 Degrees Default ( also have 30,45,60 and 90 degrees line lens)"
My question is what does all these angles do? Shorter beam length as it goes from 120 to 30? Same as in our protractor? Can anyone provide a picture of the different angles?
Thanks

Just look for alignment lasers, they come wide range of projections – Dot, Cross, Line, Line+Dot

If you need circle it can be done via diffraction grating

EDIT
Moving thread to "General" sub-forum

Last edited:

Encap

Fan Angle: The fan angle is the angular spread of the laser beam by the line lens.
The smaller the angle "0" the shorter the line "X" produced at a given distance from the laser output to the target.

laser-la-2 75.jpg

Last edited:
you do not need two lasers to get a 'cross' (unless you need two wave lenghts. AixiZ (dotcom) Lasers sells both

Achayan

Heard that he is really good I did go on their (AixiZ) website as well as their Amazon link... But so far (1 week) no response to my questions. Tried calling, but it seems to be a fax line.
The reason for 2 Lasers to get a cross is that I am not putting the laser on the center of the circle ( ring) but on the sides ( top and side). So I will using a line laser and where both lines meet would be the center of the circle ( cross).

Last edited:

Achayan

I am planning on putting a line Laser on 1 and 2 without blocking the center of the ring. Where the 2 line Lasers meet (cross) would be my center.
ring.jpg