Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

line gen - optics vs spinning mirrors

shoot, actually, some day I hope to use this w/ a whitefusion, so ill want the scanning action for the line... rather than just changing colors as it would w/ a glass optic, it will actuallty draw a line w/ different colors along the lenght of the line, w/ the mirror setup...

Guess thats what ill go for..

Here is what my polygon scanner looks like. I found it in an old copy machine, can't figure out what the input values are to properly power it though. Maybe someone here knows and could help:whistle:

I'm almost positive that this type of scanner would produce a better quality line than a cheap acrylic line generator, at least with my experiences.

Attachments

• IMAG0255.JPG
    IMAG0255.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 1,287
I've got a couple of polygon scanner mirrors, but they're relatively huge... for a hand held.
Maybe there are smaller ones.. I can't really judge the size of the one Ramsey's got.

And Ramsey, I'd probably try to mound it to a regular DC motor, rather than use the stepper it's got.

I can't really judge the size of the one Ramsey's got.

And Ramsey, I'd probably try to mound it to a regular DC motor, rather than use the stepper it's got.

The hexagon is 34mm in diameter (side to side) and the board is 48mm x 68mm. If possible without too much effort I'd rather figure out how to operate it w/ the stepper simply for the controlability.