Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

light scattered around the dot

hello everyone, I have a problem with my new laser. There is lots of light around the dot, like mini dots.... I can't really explain it that well..

and that's why I have pics:

001.JPG

I tried blowing the lens to "clean" it but it only made it worse...

004.JPG

any idea what this is, how it got there, and how to fix it?

Thanks a lot. :)

Looks like a dirty lens..

To fix it, you have to clean it properly.. 91% or stronger rubbing alcohol works well, with cotton swabs in a pinch. Just moisten the end of a cotton swab and apply the alcohol gently by wiping across the lens one time in one direction. Then get a different swab, keep it dry and repeat the motion once only. If that doesn't work, get more swabs and repeat the process as many times as necessary. Do not use any swab more than once, and don't wipe the lens more than one time per swab, and only in one direction. The best material for cleaning lenses is lens tissue, which you can get at any camera shop or online. Swabs work in a pinch, but they can leave dust and fibers on the lens sometimes.

Last edited:
hello, sorry to bring this thread up again.

I did what you said many times and it worked well. :) But now when I do it I just can't seem to get it perfectly clean. I think that I cleaned it so much that I rubbed off some kind of coating on one of the lenses...

I was just wondering if I could possibly buy better quality lenses, or whatever I need to make the dot as perfect as it can be.

Thanks.

ppbss

Hello randomkid as that could pass you…. already you venia thus when comprastes.

Hello randomkid as that could pass you…. already you venia thus when comprastes.

Dude, you really need a better translator.

As far as a new lens. It really just depends on how your laser is made.