Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

light sabers

This started out with wanting a wookiee costume for quite some time now. Then over the past couple years I've thought about a Jedi costume too. Well, after going to a Star Wars night at a local hockey game and meeting some of the people there that do cosplay and show up for events such as opening movie night, charity, and other Star Wars stuff, I decided it's something I really needed to do. As posted in a thread I started early this year, I was saving for a saber while deciding what I wanted. I ended up ordering the Ares from Saber Forge during sale. I finally got it 3 months later. I guess part of it has to do with parts being on BO and being behind on orders. I ended up going with the highest tier since I wanted the ability to change the color.

The tier I went with includes on the fly color changing with up to 9 stored colors, 6 different sound fonts that you can change by downloading free or purchasing, and in hilt charging. You can select which sound font you want to use before turning the saber on.

The hilt itself is massive. I am very pleased with the finish.

I also got a second empty hilt with my order. The blade I went with is 32 inches. I'm going to get a blade from a different place that is somewhere around 34 to 36 inches.

Here's a couple pictures of it on in the dark. The blue looked more like 473 in person.

I'm going to try making a video with it soon since I've bought some other fonts and made some color changes. You can set each font to use a certain color every time you select that particular font.

Last edited:

Very nice Dr.Evil! I've some modded ForceFx LS from the mid 2000's. Much brighter LED's are now available. Ultrasabers carries a wide variety of blades and lengths for those. Here is an Ultrasabers blade with my 150 mW 492 nm Sanwu laserLightsaber490.jpg

Not being a Stars Wars fan myself, I rarely get to see these light sabers. I would think the photos don't do them justice or they make them look more movie like than they would in person. IDK. Thanks for sharing your here, Dr_Evil.