Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Light saber question

Just ordered a Sanwu 7w with the light saber. Also got the G7 and a beam expander.

I know enough to always use something like Survival Laser safety glasses with the Striker.

What I don't know is if they are needed when the light saber is on the Striker. Also wondering about using the G7 and beam expander if the light saber is on the Striker.

Also wondering if a different (3w or 5w) laser would work better with the light saber attachment.

Another question is about making vids of lasers. I feel comfortable doing post processing and quite frankly an not sure if it would be better to use post processing effects to get light saber images or if the light saber attachment would show up well enough.

Just as an aside here is a vid I made a couple of years ago. For those of you who don't know turtles don't swim as much as the run along the bottom kicking up small clouds of sand as shown in this vid (around the 2:30 mark) I made a few years ago. Hope to make some decent vids of my soon to be new laser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evr3GIjPSIo

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hello ragebot, and welcome to LPF! :beer:

I have a Sanwu Lightsaber attachment that I have used with lower powered lasers, without using any eye protection, but I would probably be hesitant of using it with something that powerful.

I can't say first hand what the results would be, but I would think that you may get some reflection back towards the diode which can be very detrimental, and you may get some heat and damage to the lightsaber itself.
Podo at Sanwu could probably advise for or against using a source this powerful with these Lightsabers.

Here is a -Link- to a thread I made a year or so ago, showing my lightsaber attachment with my lower power lasers

BTW, That's a pretty cool video of the sea turtle rehab and release! :yh:

Hello ragebot, and welcome to LPF! :beer:

SNIP

Podo at Sanwu could probably advise for or against using a source this powerful with these Lightsabers.

Here is a -Link- to a thread I made a year or so ago, showing my lightsaber attachment with my lower power lasers

BTW, That's a pretty cool video of the sea turtle rehab and release! :yh:

I asked Sanwu if the set up was compatible and they said yes. I also am going to get some JL stuff and may well follow in your foot steps in adapting the light saber to other devices. Thanks for the link with all the information. I am hoping to make vids of my lasers once they arrive.