Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Life is like a box of chocolates?

Dusty_Lenses

Anybody know, or can throw an educated guess as to what diodes (which come in the Gold blocks we see the nubm 44s) that would have been used in early machines back in 2015 - 2016?

I picked up a near 7,000 lumen unit with less than a thousand hours that contains eight of these blocks.

I'm assuming these will be the 44s or was there another model prior to 44s in 2015/16 which also came in the Gold plated blocks?

If I can't flip this projector at a decent profit I will eventually be parting it out but don't even want to touch it until I know if these diodes are worth pulling, or at least have an idea.

Thanks for any info 😊

4PPWfkb.jpeg[\img]

Last edited:

I bet they are NUBM08 blocks and use one of these

TB1fPAaJFXXXXb5XFXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg
So the 08 blocks were around back then? I thought they were more recent. I'm dying to tear this thing down, it's got a liquid cooling system in it as well. Original price tag for this unit was around $12k USD, picked it up for $350 and it's in mint condition with low hours.

If it's 08s that means there's 80 diodes in this thing 😂

Yes the laser arrays and the light path, the optics box...... pretty much when you open the optics box and see the lasers snap a few pics of the inside of the lightbox.

Like this one:

SANY5634.JPG

Last edited:
Yes the laser arrays and the light path, the optics box...... pretty much when you open the optics box and see the lasers snap a few pics of the inside of the lightbox.

Like this one:

View attachment 78442
Sure, no problem. BTW Is there a private message option on the forum?

The only thing I'm seeing looks like a public message board, or am I missing something?

Sure, no problem. BTW Is there a private message option on the forum?

The only thing I'm seeing looks like a public message board, or am I missing something?
If you place your pointer over/at any member name, a box will pop-up with the members name and details. On the bottom of the box are 3 clickable choice links --- "Follow", "Ignore" and "Send Direct Message".
Clicking on " Send Direct Message" puts up the PM box with with the members name automatically showing in the "Recipients" area if the member has chosen "allow members to send direct message to you" in the "Privacy"section of member account.
You can also use the envelope in the upper right corner as paul1598419 has pointed out and enter the name or names of "Recipients" manually.

Last edited:
Please add your findings to the forum's public laser projector page :)

Haven't begun the harvest yet. I set it up to use for a few movie nights. First time using a projector with more than 3,000 lumens 😲
Yeah, I kept a really nice Panasonic too for outdoor movies. It's worth more to me that way than just some more NUBM08 diodes!

Yeah, I kept a really nice Panasonic too for outdoor movies. It's worth more to me that way than just some more NUBM08 diodes!
I watched a few movies on this machine and I'm not very impressed with the image quality. Too many anomalies in the picture when running HD films during scenes where a lot of motion is involved.

They also use a phosphor wheel as opposed to a red LED similar to the BenQ projector with the 7875's. Anything involving red in the picture is just unwatchable, though not as bad as the BenQ it's still very noticeable.

Last edited:
I watched a few movies on this machine and I'm not very impressed with the image quality. Too many anomalies in the picture when running HD films during scenes where a lot of motion is involved.

They also use a phosphor wheel as opposed to a red LED similar to the BenQ projector with the 7875's. Anything involving red in the picture is just unwatchable, though not as bad as the BenQ it's still very noticeable.

Aside from the bounty of low hour diodes, I'm very curious as to what optics are in this thing, and look forward to using the liquid cooling system which will be a nice addition to my nubm35t build.
I mostly play movies for my kids and they don't care much about image quality 😂

Back