Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LG Lyra-B5: Cleaning the Lens

Hello Guys,

I have the Lyra-B5 from LaserGlow, I bought it from Trevor's GB while ago.

I have problem with the lens, I have already try with everything, cannot be cleaned :(

Do anyone knows if it has Plastic lens?

Thanks.

The optics are AR-coated plastic. What is the problem you're having with it?

I'm not sure how long ago that GB was, but it may still be under warranty. If it is, and the problem is a defect of some kind, chances are we can replace it for you.

EDIT: The lenses are actually plastic, that was my mistake. It turns out they were recently changed to high-quality AR-coated plastic lenses because it was more cost effective with no loss in optical quality. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
The optics are AR-coated glass. What is the problem you're having with it?

I'm not sure how long ago that GB was, but it may still be under warranty. If it is, and the problem is a defect of some kind, chances are we can replace it for you.

the problem is: I can't clean it. I don't know what happens but the lens looks clean. I can post a video if you want.

I believe the warranty period is 6 months. A video or some pictures would be very helpful.

Ok, I'll post a video tomorrow, because I'm very tired now from reading.

Yep, that most certainly looks like quite a bit of scatter around the beam. PM me the serial number (it's on the danger label) and I'll see if it's still under warranty.

Okay, your laser is still under warranty until Feb 1st.

I don't work in sales so I can't do much else for you. What you should do next is e-mail sales@laserglow.com or call us at 416-729-7976 and ask for an RMA number to return your damaged laser. Let them know the problem you're having. They'll take it from there.

I'll give them a heads up that you'll be contacting them. Let me know if you have any other problems!

Last edited:

Drew

Sorry to hear that! I got an "answer" 3-5mW 2 weeks ago and it mode hops, hopefully I'll have better luck getting that taken care of.

P.S. the rayfoss w/p i got from you just died today :cryyy:, I think it's the driver
edit: Dead battery, works fine, whoops. Battery was at 3.2V when it stopped working

Last edited:
The lenses are actually plastic, that was my mistake. It turns out they were recently changed to high-quality AR-coated plastic lenses because it was more cost effective with no loss in optical quality. Very sorry for the confusion.