Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Less expensive alternative to Newport .5 inch adjustable mirror platform?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a less expensive version of Newport's MM-050-HEX adjustable mirror mount which has the same kind of hex screw kinematic adjustments?

Link: MM-050-HEX

8297_zpsiadssn3z.jpg

These are $79 each from Newport.

I have some of those I haven't used for anything yet and I agree, those are a cheap alternative. I'm interested in finding something more like the Newport units after reading Jander6442's thread remarking how easy they were to work with for lining up his optics to combine beams, but they sure aren't cheap. I have another project where I need a large number of these adjusters, I can pay the price for these to join two diodes, but for the bigger project where I need 30 of them, the price is too high.

Buy one and bring it to a local machine shop for duplication. I'm sure they can make them for well under $80, and even give you a discount buying 30. They might even be able to replicate it given the image alone.

Last edited:
Humm.... that's an idea, but machine shops in Alaska charge about 50% more than most of them in the lower 48 states, it's terrible how much everything up here costs. Housing & Food and most services are at least 30% higher across the board. If anyone has a machine shop who can do that kind of work, please recommend :)

Last edited:
I've usually bought my mounts via eBay. The problem is that particular model is exceptionally small. If you can get away with something bigger, you can usually get them for a decent price. Maybe something like this? It's $21 and 3cm x 3cm in size -- twice the dimensions of the one listed above, but still quite small.

Otherwise I'd go with the flexure mounts like Diachi posted.

Well, you sure found that easy, I looked for a long time yesterday and didn't see those. Those could work for the big project :) but I still need some half inch ones for my laser pointer project. Thanks, +Rep if I can, I do so often for you not sure the system will allow, but will try.