Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LensPen Reviewed

Nick

I am pretty sure you can buy one(dont know wich) of their products at your local RadioShack(US).
I saw one in their camera section while walking through the mall the other day.

Any chance this will fit through the aperture hole on the front of a laser? My DX has some crud on the lens and I cant take the cap off to get at it...

Kenom

It will NOT fit through the hole on the DX. You have to pull the cap off in order to get to it. To do that take a peice of wood. Drill a hole in it the same size as the laser head. take that peice of wood and cut it in half through the center of the circle. Now place the two peices of wood around the laser cap and put the wood in a vice to hold it still. with it tightened you can now pull and twist the cap off. If you cannot, use a pair of pliers with a rubber band around the laser and hold onto the laser the rubber bands under the pliers and spin twist.

hope this helps.

Just thought i would move and sticky this thread as its a great little piece of kit and an excellent review by our very own Kenom :cool:

Daedal

You got that right :D It had me convinced with all these fine pictures.

I'm getting mine in the mail soon... I'm sure it'll stand up to my expectations :D

--DDL

Merl said:
Just thought i would move and sticky this thread as its a great little piece of kit and an excellent review by our very own Kenom  :cool:

The newer DX NewWish lasers have an aperture big enough to fit the LensPen Micro and the CellKlear.  :)  My DX30 has never been happier.

T

timelord

The heads on the micro versions are 6mm so they will fit into all lasers easily ;)

Gazoo

I ordered the combo since it is 30% off, and I have uses for the larger lenspen.. ;)

I can't find the link for the MICROpro lens pen - I did find the MINIpro link fine. Watching the cleaning video and looking at the pictures it appears the MICRO lenspen is different than the MINI... where's the link to it?

Thanks.

EDIT.. Duh, I found it. Going blind from using my lasers too much :eek:
http://www.lenspen.com/?cPath=1&products_id=MCP-1&tpid=146

Yay - I found a local camera company the sells nearly all the lenspen products, including the micro. It was cheaper than the online price also. I try to support local companies if I can. You definitely want the micro lenspen for cleaning lasers - even then the tip may be too large for some lasers.

It works like a champ - those nanite carbon cleaning particles do the trick - no tissue or lens cleaners, which often leaves behind a residue. Earlier I'd attempted to clean the diode cans window on one of my pointers and ended up making the scatter worse - it had a really bad halo of speckle around the spot. I just couldn't get rid of it using lens paper. Using the lens pen I was able to effectively clean the diode's window and get rid of nearly all the scatter.

i received my lenspen today...
turns out their company ships from Vancouver.....
i could have drove down to downtown and picked up one instead of paying for shipping.,.