Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lense help

Ive got a question on a lense... Maybe a silly question but im new to lasers so i gotta ask...

I bought a 1watt handheld laser from wicked lasers thats blue light, very bright... It will burn through small materials just fine but its slow about it...

The cap has a flat glass disk in it to protect the diode i think and the question i have is,,,,,,,, Can the flat glass be replaced with a magnifying lense to make the beam more powerfull and if so what type would i need ?

Last edited:

ARG

Pictures please.

If it is flat glass it can be removed. If it's plano-convex then you need to leave it there so that the diode light is collimated.

It is a screw on cap with a very thin flat glass disk in it... Can that be replaced with a magnifying lense to make the beam more powerfull and if so how thick does it need to be ?

Last edited:
It is just a window to keep dust out. The laser will work fine without it. Any convex lens bigger than 5mm in diameter will work, provided you are able to mount it to the head attachment.

should it be a double convex, concavo convex or a plano convex lense ? Which one will produce the strongest beam say for burning ?

Last edited: