Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lenovo Y560P issue/problem

Be careful you don't void your warranty. If something does go drastically wrong you may be up the creek with out a paddle, after messing around with new heat compound. lenovo should have at least a one year warranty.

Be careful you don't void your warranty. If something does go drastically wrong you may be up the creek with out a paddle, after messing around with new heat compound. lenovo should have at least a one year warranty.

Already changed the compound...Temps dropped about 2 degrees Celsius. Worth it...not really. I likely just voided my warranty. Good thing I'm decent at working on computers.

Are you using HWiNFO32/64 getting those readings or was it a stock application?

It's not a stock application. I can't remember right now what the program is called. I will look it up when I get home....that is if I remember.

Just had a run-in with lenovo support. Wasn't that great, but it's making progress. User has gone 2 weeks w/o their computer because of lenovo.

Sent laptop in, they replaced the motherboard and told me the problem was fixed. Turned the computer on and immediately noticed that the problem was most certainly NOT fixed. Contacted repair center, they said to ship it back to them, so I did. Then I get a call from a Lenovo CS rep, basically telling me that I spilled something on the motherboard, and as such, have voided my warranty. They sent me pictures, I told them that it looks like some stray solder, and that they better fix it because it's their "new" mobo that they just installed.

So, even if you voided your warranty, you're not missing much, and if you don't void it, their techs will.

Is the air coming out of the exhaust pretty warm, or just moderately warm? It should be obviously warmer.

running out of ideas...