Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Legit companies with direct Paypal options

Hey all, i'm kinda new to the forum (bear with me :p)

I have been strolling around this section to find some legit companies as to where I can buy lasers with power rangings between 50mw - 500mw.

I'm kind of in a dillema, since I live in the Netherlands, we use a payment system unique in our own country that makes us lazy to get a proper credit card as the system works "well enough" in my country (iDeal, im sure most of the people have heard about it by now :angel: :D).

i'm trying to find a company either in the Netherlands or anywhere that supports either iDeal (for NLD ofc) or a direct paypal method (not the ones where you have to mail first to set up a transfer). Already found stuff like O-like and dragonlasers, but they pretty much have the same prob that I have to mail them about a paypal transfer.

I pretty much have a budget between 50-150 euros, so I understand if there are limits to quality (especially towards the 500mw lasers, but im still open to suggestions if the quality outweighs my budget, im willing to overspend).

I'm sure there are a couple of dutch members that could help me with this? or any other kind person that shed some light on this noob :p.

If this thread is unnecessary or something similar was already made and I just missed it, I humbly apologize :yabbem:

cheers! ;)

gozert

Many companies accept Paypal as payment methods. To name a few: Jetlasers, LaserBTB and Dragonlasers.

I would highly recommend Jetlasers or Dragonlasers. While Dragonlasers doesn't have the option to order with Paypal directly, if you send them an email you usually get an invoice within 24 hours. (If you need help with this, PM me). At Jetlasers and LaserBTB you can purchase lasers directly with Paypal. I believe Offroadfreak8582 does (or used to) business with LaserBTB. You may want to ask him if you have questions about them, he too is Dutch.

I would recommend Dragonlasers based of the great experience I've had with them, but overall every one of these three companies is good. For Dragonlasers, their lasers usually arrive within just a week of placing your order. However, do not forget to ask them in an email to declare the value of your package at 10$. That way it's unlikely that you have to pay customs fees. So far every laser they sold me has been quite overspec too.

Last edited:
Wow,

thanks for the quick replies ya'll xD, this really helps me quite a bit and puts me more at ease at which sites I should buy. I have a few more questions though (sorry :yabbem::yabbem::yabbem:)

What does the FDA stand for? I know it's a compliance thing for quality lasers, but I don't see how a 500mw laser would be FDA approved where a 800 mw laser wouldnt (I figure 500 is pretty dangerous already? :thinking::thinking:)
PL 808nm 500-2500 is the example i'm talking about.

And why is the price difference from 500 to 800mw so low when compared to 800 - 1000?

Last but not least, if I want a laser to see how far it can go, would it be better to take a green laser? (considering green is the best observed color to the human eye if I recall correctly? correct me if im wrong ofc)

So many noob questions :p

Encap

Wow,

thanks for the quick replies ya'll xD, this really helps me quite a bit and puts me more at ease at which sites I should buy. I have a few more questions though (sorry :yabbem::yabbem::yabbem:)

What does the FDA stand for? I know it's a compliance thing for quality lasers, but I don't see how a 500mw laser would be FDA approved where a 800 mw laser wouldnt (I figure 500 is pretty dangerous already? :thinking::thinking:)
PL 808nm 500-2500 is the example i'm talking about.

And why is the price difference from 500 to 800mw so low when compared to 800 - 1000?

Last but not least, if I want a laser to see how far it can go, would it be better to take a green laser? (considering green is the best observed color to the human eye if I recall correctly? correct me if im wrong ofc)

So many noob questions :p

FDA is the US Food and Drug Administration - it regulates many types of products see: http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/Transparency/Basics/ucm194879.htm

Re; Lasers ---the FDA isues Rules, Regualtions, and Standards for all radiation emitting products sold in the USA. Manufacturers of laser products are responsible for compliance with all applicable requirements of Title 21 Code of Federal Regulations (Subchapter J, Radiological Health) Parts 1000 through 1005: Manufacturers of electronic radiation emitting products sold in the United States are responsible for compliance with the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), Chapter V, Subchapter C - Electronic Product Radiation Control. See: Laws, Regulations, and Standards

The US FDA does not issue any " approval" of or endorse any particular laser products as such but can issue a "variance" allowing sale of of otherwise prohibited high output power hand held lasers that have very specific uses and may be sold under certain conditions known to the manufacturer. Sales without a variance, or sales that violate the conditions of the variance, ARE ILLEGAL. See: Does FDA regulate these new powerful laser "pointers" and are they hazardous?

Currently, Dragon Lasers has been listed on Import Alert 95-4 since 2012 and still is in the most current 24 June 2015 revision of it. Dragon Lasers products are subject to Detention without Physical Examination (DWPE) under this Import Alert (a.k.a. Red List) -- see listing here: Import Alert 95-04 This of course is the opposite of FDA "approved" which is just a marketing misrepresentation. Companies like Dragon Laser don't manufacture anything and rely on reselling of other makers products and often make whatever claims they think will help sell products. For them it is all about making money.

In any case, you do not have to worry about FDA or other US approvals because you are in Netherlands and are not subject to US laws, rules, regualtions, or standards. Your situation is governed by Netherlands laws, ruels, and regulations- see: http://www.government.nl/issues/certificates-quality-marks-and-measuring-instruments/quality-requirements-for-products-and-services . About hand held lasers in the Netherlands see: Brief minister over laserpointers - Vaststelling van de begroting van de uitgaven en de ontvangsten van het Ministerie van Volksgezondheid, Welzijn en Sport (XVI) voor het jaar 1999 - Nederlandse grondwet. Basically, Class 2 (< 1 mW) laser pointers proper are allowed in the Netherlands if they meet requirements regarding warnings and instructions for safe use in the manual. Trading of Class 3 and higher laser pointers is not allowed. Class-2 lasers are limited to 1 mW continuous wave.

Higher output power 808nm lasers require more expensive component 808nm laser diodes which are made by many manufacturers --there is a range of prices and quality levels from low to high of 808nm diodes form different sources which influence the prices marketing people put on the finished laser product.

Yes, 532nm green lasers are brightest to the human eye. How far a laser goes in the real world depends upon many factors.

Last edited: