Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LEDSHOPPE - 50mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer

Hey,

I just recieved my 50mW green laser pointer from LEDshoppe. This is a reputable shop at which to buy them I've heard.

Anyway, I powered it up with some duracell AAAs and it was very bright. For about 3 seconds. Then the intensity of the dot really faded to sub 5mW power.

Is this just a dodgy unit that I should return? Don't really want to have to airmail it all the way back to china. Doubt they'll refund the postage either.

:thanks:

~~Kieran

Probably not worth the postage. Please post a complaint, and a description of your problem in the "Companies" section. You not the first complaint about their lasers, and you will help other people by posting your experience.

DJNY

I would contact them. Add a vid of the "behavior" of the laser according the power output. Ask for a refund and post the process with LEDSHOPPE into the companies section as Ignis suggested.

Could anyone tell me if that was a moderate/good buy or not? I was looking for something with a bit more power than the average 5mw laser so I decided that a 50mw laser with a battery for £20 was a very good price. I'm aware that the power is subject to a bit of fluctuation with cheaper pointers. It looks like a real 50mw laser though, in the chunky case etc.

Thanks for any input, by the way I've read all the stickied threads so please don't direct me to them :).

~~ Kieran

How can you tell by looking at it that it is 50mW? You cant. I'd say by looking at the price, thats its probably an overspec 5mW unit.

Go to O-Like.com. They have good prices, and decent lasers.

Should of went to O-Like. :whistle: