Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LEDS Red Green Blue White

I am starting a group buy for a large amount of leds.
I have gotten many prices on them and a few other members are looking into it as well.
My goal is to get enough people to place a order no smaller that 10,000 units
These will be:
5mm round leds with flange
Clear lens
View angle: 15-30 deg
Color: Red, Blue, Green, White.
i am trying to get good quality as well as good price a balance between the two.
There is somewhat of a small issue they come in bags of 1,000 so please i would hate to have to count out 600 or so for a person, but i think i might have to. this can be worked out latter
I am getting rate at around 190-250 (shipping included) for 10,000 leds
So if you order 1000 leds The price goes to around 19-25 dollars a person.
You are more than welcome to find a supplier and find rates and if anyone finds anything better than what i got atm i would have no issue using them.
I am looking to get the best for all of us.
This thread has some of the info posted just read threw and you will see.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/wtb-leds-50969.html

Sorry about the delay,
I was on vacation.
Yes i am still interested in getting the leds, i was hoping to get a quote of those nichia leds or something from anther more reputable dealer but its fine.
If e want to do a test i found a guy in the us that i can buy a few from very cheap to test.
This will take a bit of time to get shipped and then test them or we can go with the factories from china and save a bit of money it is up to you guys.

Digger

It really doesn't matter to me. I figure that most of them come from China anyways. It would be nice to get 1000 for $15-$20. That's just my opinion.

Hey any more luck on this? If you're not going to act on it, can you at least provide some of the distributor information? I could buy a batch or two and test them out.

If this does end up taking place, I would be up for 1000 of each colour.

Cheers
Dave

well then we can go threw an ebay seller then and see if we get enough volume discount to make reshipping worth it.

Hmm, the going rate for most LEDs on eBay is about 3 cents per LED in 1000x quantities, compared to about 2 cents per LED from what kiyoukan was looking at before. That can shave off 1/3rd the price in large orders, or guarantee a higher grade LED. I'm not sure what grade of LEDs those eBay sellers are providing.

i am unsure of the grade there is no way to tell until the order is placed.

The ones I ordered last year (100 in 5 color-packs) were pretty bright and the cheapest on ebay then. Everyone I tested worked. 1 LED could light up an entire room at night. I don't know how many mcd they truly were though.

The LED's in the other topic might be better, don't know, I meant it more as an alternative for ordering huge quantities and reshipping ;)

EDIT: Strangely enough they seem to get more expensive per LED in bigger quantities, 1000 is more expensive than 10x100, even without additional discount

Last edited: