Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LED 505 wavelength shift!

I’ve had a few mishaps lately, Nothing to be ashamed about though it happens
To everyone from time to time,

I showed a LED 490 diode changing wavelength with current increase-decrease
Before, And now my lovely LED 505 diode still attached to driver and just increasing power supply from 0v to 10v, This is a must see vid,
It looks like a 532 shifting all the way down to 502, Still has the acrilic lens in the module,

https://youtu.be/jUI7XOJuyI8

Just something different for all to see!

when a diode or led shifts wavelength its always increasing to higher wavelengths,you did you manage to do the opposite?i see that as your led becomes brighter it turns bluer, that's weird except if i'm missing something

Yeah at lower voltage it looks 530nm As I increase to 10v it gets brighter and shifts further to 505!

this is very weird,i would like to hear an explanation from someone that know how this effect works

Sorry! No Spectro’

Try this method:

Even if you do not measure the exact wavelength, the variation in the diffraction angle should be obvious.

If you don't want to measure the true grating distance of a CDR, you can assume 667 lines/mm for a 700MB CDR as shown in the video.

when a diode or led shifts wavelength its always increasing to higher wavelengths,you did you manage to do the opposite?i see that as your led becomes brighter it turns bluer, that's weird except if i'm missing something

You do know that 505nm is a higher frequency than 532nm because unlike radio frequency that's measured in waves per interval of time ( Hertz ) light is measured by the distance between waves, so the shorter the distance ( nanometers ) between waves the higher the frequency thus 505nm is a higher frequency than 532nm. Another way to look at it is 505nm light has move waves per interval of time than 532nm because the waves are closer together, the numbers simply go down rather than up because of the way it's measured.

Last edited: