Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Learn From Mistakes That Can Happen To Anybody...

I've learned not to post an upcoming product on anther forum until
it has been field tested and is on the Shelf....:cryyy:
There are unscrupulous humans lurking everywhere.....:eek:

Jerry

Trevor

I've learned not to post an upcoming product on anther forum until
it has been field tested and is on the Shelf....:cryyy:
There are unscrupulous humans lurking everywhere.....:eek:

Jerry

I learned that the hard way too. Why not take it as an opportunity to float to the top despite them? :)

-Trevor

plexus

I've found the lenses of LD's are very fragile. I was trying to push out an LD from a module and accidentally leveraged against the case where the LD lens is (the aperture) and it cracked the lens. That was a 445nm. Another time with a 12x 405nm I used a spring with a jayrob 405-g-1 but the spring was too long i guess. The 405-g-1 threads in very close to the LD, closer than a regular Aixiz module. Well the spring must have snapped or something and knocked against the case again where the LD is and the lens broke.

Lessons learned: avoid touching the LD case where it protrudes where the lens is and especially avoid any mechanical pressure. Avoid using springs with 405-g-1 lenses, its just not worth the risk.

Fenzir

I'm fresh new to actually taking apart lasers and such, but I took out a 50mw 405 module from a pen, put it at the bottom of a lavalamp to make a cool "beam lava lamp". Since it ran off of 2 1.2V battereis, I though it would be okay to run it at 1.5v first just as a test. Damn, I should have tested the power BEFORE I connected it to the laser, it was putting out 37V. And that's how that ended.

One of my Opto 150mW pens accidently turned on when I put it back in it's case for the half hour ride home Monday night.
It had a brand new set of duracell coppertops and was hot to the touch when I took it out of my backpack.
So far it still works perfectly. :rolleyes:

I did not have the heatsink tightened properly for a 1W 808nm diode. When I noticed the through current drop as well as the output power, I immediately turned off the source and investigated the diode housing to find it was quite hot to the touch. It was not produced a worthwhile output since.

Do people just use the word "Hack" for everything? Lol it makes you sound stupid.

"Hey Guys! I hacked this Pencil by sharpening it!!!"

And you probably did deserve it with that attitude.

Do people just use the word "Hack" for everything? Lol it makes you sound stupid.

"Hey Guys! I hacked this Pencil by sharpening it!!!"

And you probably did deserve it with that attitude.

Are you freakin high??? Hacked also means screwed up. It means the foam is not perfect. Duh.

What I am saying, is that it people use the word, "Hack" for everything they ever do. He could say, I cut the foam myself, rather than "I hacked it"

The term "Hacked" has been in use waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before what it means today.

I guess the generation gap is in play here.