Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer customer service..where are you?

LWF

I am new to the forum and really enjoy the dialogue here. I have purchased 3 lasers from Lazerer with no problems whatsoever. In fact , I use a 1.2 W 473 to routinely fry Aptasia in my marine reef tank. Works like a charm. Last month I purchased a 300 mW orangish/red laser from Lazerer, but unfortunately it arrived DOA. I immediately made an attempt to procure an RMA. Tried 3 times but received no response back. Question? What's with the seven day return policy. What a joke! Seven days to return a defective laser to hong long from SoCal? I'm done with Lazerer! 100 bucks down the toilet. Once again, I really enjoy this forum. Be careful where you buy your lasers...

LWF

It's been a few days. My point was that if they take their time returning email requests for RMA's then their 7 day refund policy is a joke. Still haven't heard from them.

If you managed to get a 1.2W 473nm handheld laser you're the luckiest SOB on the forum right now :crackup:

On a serious note though, if you sent an email immediately upon realizing there is a problem, you'll be fine. Lazerer honors a 1 month warranty IIRC and certainly they don't expect for you to get the laser BACK to them within 7 days!

Try sending another email, and also send a PM to Max here on the forum. He does often take a few days to reply, but this is par for the course.

Be patient, honest, but also persistent, and it'll work out.

LWF

Whoops, my bad. You know what I meant. Thanks for the info and the lesson on patience.

Exchanges with china can be extremely frustrating... trust me I've been there.

You get a laser, you're all excited, you open it up, pop in the battery and nada.

You check the polarity, check the battery, examine everything, and still it doesn't work. It's no fun.

After all that you have to deal with the company and they have to OK you shipping it back. Sending it back isn't cheap either.

Overall the process can take ~3 months easily from initial placement of the order, to the time you get a working laser.

And yes, of course you were referring to 445nm. Which is in reality probably ~450nm ;)

LWF

I hear what you are saying Infinitis. I've purchased several lasers from china and have been extremely lucky so far. Although can we say" lucky " when receiving woefully under spec lasers? Anyway, it's not an issue of the money and as I said earlier I really do like their lasers. I'm too busy to pursue this any farther. I'll buy domestic from now on.

Last month I purchased a 300 mW orangish/red laser from Lazerer, but unfortunately it arrived DOA.

I am not sure at all that your laser is dead.

High chance is that it's a contact issue. Try putting some conductive material between the batteries or between the batterise and the tail cap.

Low chance is that it's DOA, since Max checks the laser before shipment.

You didn't say what was the exact model you purchased, but if it's the rifle, it does make sense that it's a contact issue.

:beer:

Last edited:
Yeah I got a 50mW blue dead on arrival and Max says send it back, blah blah... I don't know if it's worth the effort, why can't they just send me anotherrrr :(

Stix62

Yeah I got a 50mW blue dead on arrival and Max says send it back, blah blah... I don't know if it's worth the effort, why can't they just send me anotherrrr :(

What snoutke said + If you sent me something working and I said it didn't work when it arrived, would you just send me another?

Max is a decent fella. Make the effort and he'll respond well ;)

....Are you serious right now? Really? What stops everyone from saying "mine's dead" and getting freebies? Stop whining, he's offering you another one. More than some companies would do.

Don't judge before you know entire story. :scowl: It was part of an order of $750 worth of lasers (7-8 lasers ranging from 40mW to 400mW) and I said my 50mW was dead. I recorded a 1 minute video which I sent Max proving my 50mW blue was dead. He told me to send it back to China for a replacement. In my opinoin in cases like that they should just send out a free one. If I wanted to lie to get a free laser I could have said the 400mW green I got was broken...

Last edited:

Stix62

Don't judge before you know entire story. :scowl: It was part of an order of $750 worth of lasers (7-8 lasers ranging from 40mW to 400mW) and I said my 50mW was dead. I recorded a 1 minute video which I sent Max proving my 50mW blue was dead. He told me to send it back to China for a replacement. In my opinoin in cases like that they should just send out a free one. If I wanted to lie to get a free laser I could have said the 400mW green I got was broken...

Your 'story' was ...'I got a 50mW blue dead on arrival and Max says send it back'. Judgement was made on evidence provided.(thats usually the way it works ;) )

btw, 7-8 lasers? Do you know how many you ordered or not? Was it 7 or was it 8?