Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer.com nightmare

So a little before christmas I had ordered a 150mw greenie "mini" from Lazerer.com for about $90. Order shipped early January and arrived on January 14th.

The first laser that was shipped to me mode hopped like crazy and sharply dimmed after about 10 seconds of being on. Also, a strange quality it had was that in colder temperatures it seemed to be more stable. However, because I felt like my product was defective I contacted Max and he told me to ship it back to him for repair/replacement.

I sent it back to him February 2nd and he got it back on February 25th and told me that a technician will be looking at it shortly. The laser was going to be replaced and shipped back to me on my cost. Max emailed me on March 10th saying it will be shipped the next business day. Weeks go by, nothing arrives, so I send a few emails. Nothing. It wasn't until a month later, April 8th, that he responds. Turns out the laser still hasn't been shipped, and he was sorry for the mishap. Note that at this point it's been over 2 months since he's had it in his possession.

It was finally shipped back to me on April 25th and it arrived May 11th. And to my dismay... the diode's done. It worked for about 10 minutes, then the diode just slowly dimmed away and now it's a paperweight. I've tried multiple batteries, followed the duty cycle strictly, and hardly used it. I really don't know what to do. This whole situation has been a nightmare. I know the initial investment really isn't that much money in the long run, but a $90 headache wasn't what was advertised on his website. Let this be a warning to anyone whose interested in buying from Lazerer.

Has anyone else had an experience like this with Lazerer? And what do you guys suggest for actual reliable, quality built lasers to get here in the united states? I'm so tired of chinese crap. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Ive had nothing but good experiences with max and lazerer. Had one mishap where the threads jumped on the laser and it siezed but max replaced it. Shipped it out march 18, he got it sometime in april ans I had the replcement in my hands 4 days later. Has worked like a charm since then. Lasers are fragile and if the people shipping your box dropped it then this may cause short life. Thishshould be a problem since lazerer lasers are packaged extremely well and both of my lasers arrived with the package in prestine condition, not a rip scratch or mark on the envelope.
I am sorry to hear you troubles. If you want a 445 laser within the usa then contact apexproxy.....green lasers contact hakzaw1.....he sells jet lasers inside the us already and tests them. You can find more info about builders in the yellow link in my signature below.

Last edited:
I see a lot of people have great experiences with lazerer, so it just blows my mind at how ive gotten the complete opposite experience twice over.. the packaging was great, seemed like it was well protected, so idk :( thanks for the input thought :) ill give hak a poke

If you want to give max a ring let him know your a lpf member and he will do more to help you out. He is a member here as well but not super active. He normally gives members great help. Odd though, anyways hak is a great guy but heads up his lasers are more expensive but with a higher quality. Think right now he is having a sale: $1/mW or something like that but thats based on average mW and not the peak. Youll enjoy working with him. Let him know I reffered you and he will be more than happy to help. Lasers ship from texas so shipping is quick to anywhwre in the country

I'd be more than willing to lay a bit of money out to get something that actually works :p Really frustrating having bad luck over and over again about something you really enjoy.. is it so much to ask to have a properly functioning green laser? :p ill let him know you referred me :)

Yeah I hear you. I was bummed when mine broke but I know it wasnt max or lazerers fault but was the machinist fault. Seems like these past few months lazerers supplier is slacking. Been a few complaints about quality but you read reviews from 5 months ago and no one ever had a problem. Odd but oh well.....buying within the usa also means no worries about custom siezures! Good luck and let me know how it goes. Btw he sells Titanium lasers too which are really really really nice looking

norbyx

It seems to me that more and more problems are comming up with lazerer. Lately I still have to see someone talking good things about this company. I have never bought any laser from them even though I do have a 1.3w 445 rifle. Personally I am starting to think that they are going in some kind of problem with production and I guess that if they don't start taking action the company will start to loose its immage. Soon we will be going to wicked lasers to get our lasers....

Lazere doesnt make the lasers afaik so its not a problem with their production its a problem with their supplier im guessing. I think max is starting to realize this and hope he can say something to the supplier. We will see as time goes on but I doubt they will become a WL because they dont make false advertisments like WL does. Oh well

this is bad to hear, I have read a few stories recently that were really negative about Lazerer.com, I guess I will not recommend them for cheap lasers anymore. at least I never recommended them for high quality lasers. I got a 1500mW rifle (the most expensive blue laser they sold at the time) from them some time ago and I love it, I recommended them based on this. To be fair, none of the horror stories involved the rifle, so I suppose I chose well. they dont carry the 1.5W, 1.2W, or 1W rifle anymore. Thanks to all who share their experience, it is valuable and the best we can hope is that laserer takes the hint and strives to become more like jetlasers or even dragonlasers. the best "customer service" I have gotten however, was from Blord, he is exceedingly pleasant to work with. that's an understatement

There have been a few rifles that have broke due to heat or poor soldering. Just helped a member fix his last week....lovlo iirc. Anyways that is again a problem with the supplier/manufacture. I think max neess to have a talk with them and change suppliers if they cant clean up their act. Blord is great but apexproxy and hak are great and with the usa so risk is lowered.

Also find it odd that they dont offer any rifles anymore. They had the 1W last week when I checked

norbyx

I am just wondering why is it that you always defend lazerer... I mean if they are screwing up, its just a matter of admitting it an period. Who cares if the provider is the one that makes the lasers and is the one that is screwing them up.... Lazerer is the one selling them as his brand, and that is enough for me, if he can't check the quality if his provider than it's His falut and no one else.
Lazerer lasers might be good and on spec most of the time but recently they are going the wrong direction.
Now be fair, you swear on lazerer, and you talk $h!t of, for example WL.... have you ever owned a WL? Or is it just because they USED to sell lasers that some were underspec, or overpriced? Because the overprice thing is just a matter of who decides what is overpriced, I could say that a porsche is overpriced over a nissan that has the same specs but never the less there are people buying them (as there are people buying WL).
So just for me to be enlighten on this matter, why is it that you love so much Lazerer ?

I defend lazerer because max has been an outstanding guy for me and provided me with above and beyond service and quality along with shipping. I have no problem buying from lazerer again because ive had good experiences with them. I havent bought from WL and ive explained this before somewhere but I dont buy from them because they are overpriced and underspec, still. They used to be even worst and they have gotten better but they still do nothing for me. I can get a better quality laser in a similar package for cheaper and get better service else where, i.e. jet lasers. I dknt just recommend lazerer but if skmeone is looking for a low cost laser then I suggest them. If aomeone wants a highwr quality I suggeat hakwaz1 and jet lasers or a custom builder like apexproxy or blord. Ive dealt with all of them and they are great people (havent bought from jet laser though). I just dont like WL for many reasons and it starts with reputation. They used to be over priced, under spec and make rediculous claims and frankly to me it doeant matter if they change and become over spec and competitive priced because I care about values. If a company starts on crappy values and doeabt care about their customers then I will never care about them, simple. I will stand by compabies or sellers that treat me right until proven wrong personally. Lazerer, blord, apex and hak have never done me wrong so I eill stand by them ubtil proven different. Thats just how I am and I would never change. As far as nissan vs porsche, you pay for the brand name just like WL you pay dor their name. Id pick a GT-R over a porsche any day but thata just me

Im not saying you are wrong so dont take it that way. Everyone has opinions and everyone is entitled to their own opibions because they are based on persobal experiences. Your opinion for example of lazerwr could be one thing because its based on your experience with them and my opinion could be completwly different aince its based on my experience. Doesnt mean either of us are wrong so its all based on experience and what you value in a compant or seller.

Again this is all hypothetical but saybi bought a laser from you and I thought I got great service but my neighbor buys one from you and he thinka he got crappy service and quality. Id defend you no mayyer what bevause to me you treated me well. He may hate you and bash you but id still recommend you sinve I got good service. Doesnt mean either me or my nieghbir is wrong does it?

Ill fix spelling later. My phone makes it hard to type and walk lol

Last edited:

norbyx

Phones are always a PITA specially when writing such long posts. I understand you point of view, but since you base your opinions on personal experience and not on what others say, you should stop bashing wiked lasers just because of what you have read. If you are a fair reviewer and base your opinion in YOUR experience and never bought a wl than you are just not being fair and sound biased from te start.

Touche regarding WL but I also based my opinion on WL on what ive seen along with vet reviews. When ive read over 50 reviews posted by trusted vets here along with 33 reaaons not to buy from WL then I believe I have the best view of WL short of actually spending my money on them. Based on trusted membera reviews im not willing to risk the money on them. Im not saying they are all bad. I do like how they have exposed the laser hobby but in the same hand I dont agree with all of their business tactics. Being a business man myself I base a lot of my views off what I would peesonally do. I strive for rhe highest level of satisfaction when selling products not only here but everywhere. Sold a member two custom hosts and they loved them but qhen they went to buold them they encountered a problem. I dropped everything and walked them stwp by step through their questions and that is the level of customer support I expect from everyone. When I dont see it or get it then they fo to my black list aka sh! T list. WL is there since my girlfriend sent a few qyestions prior to me joining the forum and buyibg my first laser(was foing to be my birthday gift). Iirc it was 2 or 3 emails and not one was answered. Thats poor support to me but that was also 6 or 7 months ago and I didnt dirrectly send them but its my girlfriend and I believe her. Ive heard many things about WL getting better on the support side so that is great. Its also good to see them trying to clean their under spec act up. Who knows if they start going above and beyobd and people consistantly start reporting good things I may give them a shot but Im not much into buying prebuilt lasers anymore. Lazerer was my first and probably my last (although I may buy a jet laser pl-e pro since they are soooo nice). Id ratger buold mine now or buy from a member. Laser companies make such a profit on all their sales so id rather give back to this community than a store. Thats just me plus less risk from an individual customs wose than a large known company.

WL is starting to clean their act up from what ive seen since ive joined. That is good and oid love to see them get even better. If they could do this than rhis hobby would grow greatly

Thanks for wanting to "see both sides of the fence" and not jumping down my throat right away. I respect thay very much :beer:

norbyx

Well one thing is for sure, building your own lasers, or supporting members of this comunity by purchasing lasers that most of the time are much better than the ones sold comercially, is the best thing to do.
As for WL I haven't deal with them and probably never will, the WL 532 I have was bought in this forum and a very reasonable price. If it wasn't for the chance to buy a WL in this forum I would probably have never got it. But even if there are various reviews of people that don't like them, there also are reviews of people that do.
So in the end there are always two sides of the coin, as you stated. And thanks very much for you understanding.

I couldn't agree more. companies like profit, that is their goal. individual builder/members love lasers, and maybe profit too, but a single person should feel more responsible for the quality and satisfatcion of others than a company would, particularly if the company has shareholders to appease. shareholders care only about maxing out profit