Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazer beam on blue lazer pen distorted

Ste1986

I have a laser pen that's blue beam and powerful enough to burn. I let a mate have a go of it to light a cigarette and I think abit fell into end of the lazer pen causing it to crack the lense inside. This caused the beam to go distorted. I bought a replacement lense thinking this will fix the issue but it was the same. Any advice welcome thanks

I advise you to buy a lighter for your cigarette lighting needs. Do you have safety goggles? Where are you from? By your lingo I assume the UK?

Do you have safety goggles? Please make a post introducing yourself in the welcome section. Where did you get the laser from?

Do you know the laser can permanently damage your vision or even blind you faster than you can blink? Would you mess around with a loaded pistol with no safety on it?

Ste1986

I am aware of what lazer pens can do. Where in post did I mention I was using it on eyes? My post is asking for help.

Hi, Those pens are cheap and affordable , if you didn't pay much for it just get a new one. Do you have any pics of it?

Rich:)

I am aware of what lazer pens can do. Where in post did I mention I was using it on eyes? My post is asking for help.
Some people like to use high-power lasers to light cigarettes that are in their mouths. These people are idiots, or blind, or both. Seriously not something you should be messing around with without safety goggles.

What laser did you buy? Nobody's going to be able to help you if we don't know what you bought specifically.

Soften your tone if you want to solicit help - members here are not likely to have much patience to help someone who's being obnoxious.

Lighting a cigarette in your mouth with a laser is kind of like trimming your pubic hair with a sushi knife, there's much better ways to do the job and a mistake could cost you big time.

sushi-knife.jpg

Hi Red,
Thats a nice sushi knife I been wanting to get one for the kitchen here at home for a while. Some are real expensive but worth it.
Sorry Ste1986 about the derail ..

Not wanting to further derail but that knife is not mine, just a web pic, looks like a nice one though and they can be expensive, I have a ceramic knife here I use in the kitchen that works well from wal-mart and it was only 20 some odd dollars.

Hi Red,
Thats a nice sushi knife I been wanting to get one for the kitchen here at home for a while. Some are real expensive but worth it.
Sorry Ste1986 about the derail ..

I live in the land of all things Japanese. If you want some hand crafted cutlery I can arrange it. But like Red said, they are not cheap. But, Japanese 100%
SGD🍻