Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laservision Digital SE head.

Hey All,

A friend gave me a Laservision Digital SE head unit. This seems to be part of a system of a few of these with numerous control panels and such...

like this: Laservision Digital SE system

It has a tube laser (I am assuming it's a HeNe)

The laser warning sticker indicates 5mW and there is a green disc sticker that says... "GREEN"

Here is a pic of the top side of the system
attachment.php

It seems that all the circuitry associated with the tube is on top, except for a few lines that go to the circuit board that controls the galvos (stepper motors? with centering springs) that I am assuming are for laser modulation.

Is there a how-to around here that I missed when searching that could help me to get this bad boy up an running?

absolutely nothing. the fuse is good.

I didn;t expect much when first powered up, but I did think it would hum or buzz or maybe the glavos might wiggle a little. Then again, without he controllers connected, it shouldn't lase anyway.

but nothing...

LSRFAQ

absolutely nothing. the fuse is good.

I didn;t expect much when first powered up, but I did think it would hum or buzz or maybe the glavos might wiggle a little. Then again, without he controllers connected, it shouldn't lase anyway.

but nothing...

See my response to you on PL. You may like what you read. :shhh:

Steve