Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LaserShades (Wicked Lasers) work with...?

XD001

Hello, was just wondering do the Redish LaserShades from Wicked Lasers work with Sci-Fi Laser's 445nm Blue laser?

The story: I bought a Nano 75mW+ from Wicked Lasers, they included a FREE pair of LaserShades for my troubles, because I ordered around Chinese New Years time, so I don't know. I even bought the expanded lens kit, but now I am moving on from WL, and loving lpf way more than I thought! So I bought a laser from Thejoker301, the 445nm Blue 1.3-1.8W Laser.. and now I have decided I must protect my eyes, as for the reason I only have one PAIR of eyes! I have discovered that every laser above 5mW should be used with a pair of laser eyewear, so now I face the path.. will these glasses work? Will they adapt? Do I need a different pair? Yes, I know what you are going to say "This man is mad!?" Well honestly, I am because I need a decent pair of shades for my laser, but can not currently afford a pair (online, I do have cash but no PP Balance). So another question: Do they sell laser glasses in stores? Would sunglasses work, or will my redish lasershades from WL work?

Sorry for the bother.. :'( I just really must find out so I can protect my beloved eyes!

oahu99

Yes I believe those glasses are for that wavelength. Doesn't it say the wavelength on the lenses?
Even if they are the right wavelength, I haven't heard great stuff about those wicked lasers glasses anyways.
I do however have Eagle pair glasses, and they are great, I would get those if I were you.

Tmack

Eagle pair and noir lasershades are some of the best.

But I do think your glasses cover 445, just not as well as the top performing glasses.

XD001

Alright, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated.. And as long as the glasses protect my eyes I am happy. This has been bugging me, so thanks! Since I have two positives I am happy.. Now I can know my eyes are somewhat protected. ;-) I may look into a stronger pair of glasses, but for now I will wear the LaserShades, not point it in my eyes, or anything that may reflect the light, also I will NOT point it at aircrafts. Once again thanks for the responses.

oahu99

Tmack hit the nail right on the head. Why gamble your eyesight on those cheap wicked laser glasses?
Seems like an easy decision to me, buy Eagle pair or lasershields to be safe.

XD001

Tmack hit the nail right on the head. Why gamble your eyesight on those cheap wicked laser glasses?
Seems like an easy decision to me, buy Eagle pair or lasershields to be safe.
Alright, I'll look into it, thanks.. Do any retail stores sell them local?

oahu99

Probbably not unfortunately. There's not much appeal for a laser store.
Nkgamer is selling lasershields for 60 a pair you should get a pair mine are coming in the mail tomorrow.
Eagle pair is available from survival laser.

XD001

Probbably not unfortunately. There's not much appeal for a laser store.
Nkgamer is selling lasershields for 60 a pair you should get a pair mine are coming in the mail tomorrow.
Eagle pair is available from survival laser.
Alright, thanks. Money is tight right now, so I might eventually get a pair, but most likely not this week, but I'll certainly look into getting a good pair, Ill keep my eye out, I'll try to buy a pair real soon though. Even though money is tight right now, my eyes are very important, ill see what I can do.
Thanks.