Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers to be banned on Ebay

Schrecken_Licht said:
The original link is gone - I get a 404...

The forum erroneously added the comma to the link. Try this

It seems the laser is straying down the path of nuclear power, marijuana and others... fear and hatred due to bad publicity.

Well i sent a email saying i need lasers for work. Hopefully enough support may change their mind on the restrictions. *Fingers crossed*

Btw how many people on here use ebay to get modules or other things that will be affected by the ban?

p.s I changed the link so it should be ok now.

VW

Pretty dumb really, over powered pointers I can understand, but modules and DJ lighting is indeed excessive...

Email i recieved from the ebay rep just now-

"Thank you for writing to eBay.

It doesn't matter if it's a system. It can be currently sold in the UK, however, you cannot offer shipping to the Australia, India, Canada and US.

Please note that eBay UK is also in the process of banning all laser above 1mW. This includes laser pointers, systems, modules or any other materials used for the assembly of a pointer/system" But they are currently still allowed.

Overboard is an understatement.

JLSE

They have their heads so far burried up their arses, nothing they say makes sense. Ive been selling for a year now on feepay, and they remove whatever they feel like. I have had diodes removed as they felt it was a complete system? They dont read the ads, just pull them off when the resentful types report them. Meanwhile you can type in 50, 100mW etc, etc, and find pointers that ship to the US all the time. They only remove what is reported, and when you ask them why it is possible to find 3b pointers, the trust and safety rep just ignores the question.

I would imagine that they want to pull all laser stuff all together, as it allows a work around for those selling handhelds. Its just another way for them to screw with the little guy :mad:

Have you spoke with any reps from ebay.com or only .uk ?

Just the .UK one at the moment. .com have been restricted for as long as they have been there. Yeah they only remove whata reported. I have also sold diodes and had to haggle with them for days to get them to reinstate it. i dont know how this is going to work.

i'l never get a argon. :'(.this is the worst thing thats happened all ... year

I didn't see where the article said lasers other than "pens" would be banned...looks like that is just pertaining to laser pointers. However, I wouldn't put it past some idiots at Ebay to attempt to ban other types as well.

Abray

I saw something about knives and pellet guns and other things being legal on Ebay...

They should put a statistic of how many KNIFE killings there are each year to show how NON LETHAL lasers are. And yet they ban lasers before knives?

In fact, they should probably ban simple things like ladders from ebay because I bet more people die from falling off ladders than die from laser misuse.

This article is not very credible. [smiley=thumbdown.gif] They don't know anything about lasers and they make these claims about things without trying to learn about them. :p

Take pot mods for example: Most of us know that ALL of those pot mod videos are fake. The only video that wasn't fake was styropyros but they failed to watch it long enough to see it was a joke.

--hydro15

Attachments

• twocents.gif
    twocents.gif
    38.3 KB · Views: 94

JLSE

Abray said:
I saw something about knives and pellet guns and other things being legal on Ebay...

They should put a statistic of how many KNIFE killings there are each year to show how NON LETHAL lasers are. And yet they ban lasers before knives?

In fact, they should probably ban simple things like ladders from ebay because I bet more people die from falling off ladders than die from laser misuse.

You cant sell spring assisted type knives on ebay, but hunting / fising seem to be ok. As for pellet guns, if you try and search, only airsoft toys show up. There are a couple of antique type CO2 pistols, but its probably not allowed and has gone unseen. The knives I can understand as switch blade type are prohibited in many places including Canada. But pellet guns are pretty widespread and legal for ownership with no license in most places. So trying to figure out their reasoning is pretty much pointless :-/

hydrogenman15 said:
This article is not very credible.  [smiley=thumbdown.gif]  They don't know anything about lasers and they make these claims about things without trying to learn about them. :p

Take pot mods for example: Most of us know that ALL of those pot mod videos are fake. [highlight]The only video that wasn't fake was styropyros [/highlight]but they failed to watch it long enough to see it was a joke.

--hydro15

could you link that?

Thx

k-shell said:
[quote author=hydrogenman15 link=1223994779/20#27 date=1224631844]This article is not very credible. [smiley=thumbdown.gif] They don't know anything about lasers and they make these claims about things without trying to learn about them. :p

Take pot mods for example: Most of us know that ALL of those pot mod videos are fake. [highlight]The only video that wasn't fake was styropyros [/highlight]but they failed to watch it long enough to see it was a joke.

--hydro15

could you link that?

Thx[/quote]

Sure. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqqeX0opcO4

--hydro15

Nyla

someone make 'laserbay.com: for selling lasers'

copyright me
trademark me
my idea
dont steal it

lol, i just came up with that myself, apparently spyro already did too.

Things

eBay need to pull their head out of their @$$es and wake up to themselves. Banning modules and Dj equipment? what the HECK were they smoking when they had that idea ...

Spyrorocks was thinking of a "laserbay" idea, which is pretty much a eBay for lasers only. It wouldnt be regulated. Next time he is on IRC i'll have a talk to him ...