Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers on the radio

Tmack

Wouldn't the correct answer be within seconds? If you hit a plane with it on final approach it could take less than a second for things to go horribly wrong.

I think it was "if you tied someone to a chair, and hit their forehead, how long?"

On a side note, the member of course had glasses for everyone, and did stress safety.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I watched one of their earlier video clips when they were on the laser topic.
To be honest, I don't think that there is much that anyone can say to undo what these guys have already broadcast.

These dj's said they want a laser for Christmas, so they can......
  1. Shine them on to the neck of the driver in front of them while on the road.
  2. Aim at drivers rear view mirrors to blind them.
  3. Carry a laser with them as "protection", in case of attack. Then shine in their eyes, to blind them.
  4. Also, (probably kidding, but who knows with these guys), strap a laser to their pets heads.
These are 30ish year old guys talking like this, what do you think that the kids who listen to them are going to be doing.
Watch out Baltimore!

BTW - The laser that they wanted for Christmas was a "Krypton", go figure.

P.S. - After seeing the video with M. Hemling, it looks like he may have convinced them that they could get way more power for far less money.

Tmack

This was surely painful for . Healing to deal with these guys. He was trying to explain things and was stopped because it was too technical. What a shame. He's a great member and I wish he got to portray lasers the way he wanted to, instead of trying to get a word in with those guys.

Somewhat ironically there was a blimp flying around town this weekend. It's a shame to hear that even when given the chance to right their mistake they continued to show their asses.

Tmack

The guy that originally spoke about the blimp was out sick, so nothing was said about it.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
The bottom line here is ratings, and with their target audience,
this is the type of thing that attracts their listeners.
I wouldn't expect them to change their "on-air" attitude, even if they felt more responsibly toward lasers, off-air.

Tmack and I talked about this a bit through PM. Safety isn't ***y, it isn't funny, and it doesn't sell. Responsibility doesn't make headlines and it won't attract listeners. Which is why our media is so flawed. They present to sell which is exactly what these guys are doing.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, exactly. Sensationalism sells!
That won't change.

You don't think society will eventually come around and become so desensitized that it won't sell? Or do you think we as humans will just continue to spiral out of control? To be honest I don't own a TV so I live under a rock for the most part. I read the news that interests me.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I don't think so, I feel that it has always been that way, to some extent.
I don't know whether or not it is an out of control spiral, but, I hope not!