Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers and other people?

Just a quick question if i stick my 3w blue laser outside in my back garden and turn it on and make sure there is nothing reflective in the way of the beam will it damage peoples eyes who are inside the house looking at the beam from behind the laser if they don't where laser goggles or do i have to buy a few more pairs??

Last edited:

Bacon

Although its dangerous and should never be done. I got to see my 2w from an angle off a bumpy white wall 8ft away from me. I left it on my table and my pops grabs it and starts randomly blasting it on the wall next to me. He knows the rules but had some liquid courage... Its intense but thankfully it was focused down about 1/4 an inch. I also tried it on a really-really foggy day and that is just not smart; the droplets shoot it right back. Don't drink and laser :drunk:

OR.. never drink and driver (laser driver that is)

guys- its W not w- they are not the same although we know what you both meant-
I know as I got scolded for almost the same thing and trust me it was less friendly than I am being right now-
its mW or W never mWs or Ws never w or Mw-

as far as outdoor display- 3W falls into a whole different thing than a pen pointer- personally I would be in more fear from someone calling the police on me.

WE had a member that lost his $$$ laser on the first night as he went outside simply to take a pic of it hitting a distant stop sign- what he did NOT know was a police woman was sitting in her patrol car and saw him

- laser gone-
he was lucky to not get arrested- ATM I don't know if he ever got it back

apparently she knew to make it look worse that it was... she 'claimed' she got lased in the face- so whose word will any judge take?? --

I'm out in the country and a few times after one of my never-longer- than 10 minute night photo shoot sessions a patrol car rolled by slowly a few times- where they looking for me?/ I did not ask. - my beams were going off into the woods NO house in the path -

The farther you are from any homes or more importantly any airports or helipads, the less chance of getting into trouble.

BUT 'Public Display' of more than 5 mW is not totally legal--

that sucks but what can we do??

safety glasses?- who wears them at any laser show?? - the lasers are set up with the audience in the safe zone.

your friends may be in need much more for indoor lasing -- especially when they get up and move about- good luck

Last edited:
In my opinion no one should ever shine a laser on or next to a road, I am sure police would consider this reckless plus someone else may see it and call the police. For those who don't know, you must also be more than 10 miles from any airport. Its also a federal crime to even shine a laser in the flight path of an aircraft, you don't have to shine it at an aircraft, just in the flight path. So if you live where aircraft fly overhead all day long then don't shine it in the sky. I am talking about here in the US, not sure about any other countries.

Alan