Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers and Fog - what more could you want?!

Hello all,
Forgive me if the proper etiquette is to post your stuff in other people's multimedia threads and not start your own. I've noticed builds get a new thread, but haven't seen a whole lot of collection posts, so figured I'd give it a go.

Video:

Photos:
My Wavelengths:
wavelengthcollection.jpg

My Entire Collection:
lasercollectionwide.jpg

lasercollectiontight.jpg

Left to right: 450nm 473nm 532nm 632.8nm 650nm.

Pretty much everything in my signature is in there. A few things which are not listed are as well; ~45mW 650nm voice Laser Transmitter and a 50mW 650nm diode in a breadboard set to probably ~40mW.

I'm certainly no photographer, and just today got my first fog machine, so any tips or comments are much welcomed!

Last edited:

Blord

The video is looking good but the photo's are over-exposed. There is hardly any difference in color with the 450nm and the 473nm laser.

Thanks! Yes I noticed that =/ . My only (still) camera is a Kodak EasyShare c913 9.2 Mpixel camera. It doesn't have manual focus or adjustable shutter speed. It does have a digitally selectable "exposure correction" and manually selectable ISO settings though. For these photos I left it on auto for the ISO and used the minimum exposure correction needed to get the camera to focus. When it thinks the image is too dark it won't focus at all. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium between exposure and focusing. I'll have to try messing with the ISO I guess.

The video was shot with a FlipCam, can't remember the model/version of it though, haha. This thing is just point and shoot but boy does it take fantastic video.

Is that green is in desperate need of a cleaning, or am I imagining things?

Nice collection, it's interesting how your camera see's the beams.
The red on the extreme right, it seems to start out white or pink and change to red some way down the beam.

Is that green is in desperate need of a cleaning, or am I imagining things?

WORSE! That is my WL Nexus (which is supposed to be 95mW but I highly doubt it is more than 50mW). It mode hopped to TEM30 about a year after I got it and never hopped back. The aperture obscures the outer rings. The divergence on the center beam isn't bad but the outer rings diverge very rapidly.

Update:

Shot some video of my primary color pointers:

Last edited: