Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

lasers and airplanes

hey just yet another sad post about people doing the wrong thing. recently in Australia many people have been pointing lasers at planes and this really really.... bugs me.... heres the article. http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=280067
tho how on earth do you stop some 9 year old with a laser? its really going to destroy our hobby in Australia as they're thinking of banning ALL hand held lasers over 1mW.... though what can be done?

Things

sh@# melbourne :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: i hope that wasn't me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-/ :-/ :-/

i thought handheld lasers over 1mW already were banned in australia? unfortunately they are banned here in britain :( stupid chavs shining them at bus drivers...

Things

yea over 1mw is illegal in australia, but i have high powered ones anyway ;D and i bet many more people do too ;D ;D ;)

illegal.... dang. well they will prob crack down hard on them making it impossible to import or something... g'dang

Daedal

This is total idiocy! It's like when people say "this is too much for my kids to watch on TV, I request it be removed or banned" Then it stops airing! It's the few idiots who can't control their kids and talk some sense into them that ruin it for the rest of us!

:(
DDL

P.S. I'm sure this post will get me a lot of heat... so... :-/

Daedal, I TOTALLY agree with you. It seems these days more people try to please the small populations in fear that they will try making a scene.

over here i believe the ban on all portable lasers over class II is primarily because of the chav fad a few years back of using cheap reds to blind bus drivers...