Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserpointerstore vs eBay

Rens

Laserpointerstore vs eBay ?

I've been trying to figure out where best to buy the Thor M-II ....basically the UK eBay doesn't seem to list any -however I found a bunch of international ones, one claiming to sell from the factory themselves. The one mentioned in "first laser thread" by eBay seller zsycrazy seems good but says batteries and charger are included... is that going to work with customs sending to UK? Or better to find another one without batteries..? And if so, any recommendations..?

Then I found Laserpointerstore, I wondered if that may be good or better - but of course eBay does offer good customer protection 👍

Any tried and tested source, eBay seller etc to buy a quality Thor M2 deal to send to the UK please do let me know as I can't wait to hold that beauty in my hands :)

Thanks!

Rens

GSS

Laserpointerstore set up shop on the LPF about 4 or 5 months ago and seems to have some happy customers and has let a few members review a few of his products..
I realize your questions are more custom worry's as far as battery shipment to the UK.
"Tommy" is the go to for their store and will probably answer your concerns..
They do show a customs guarentee of shipment, which means re shipment if confiscated or money back? Worse case they ship without a battery..
Another thing to consider is alot of early Thor 11 models had a akrylic lens and would melt and still might be available on ebay . Laserpointerstore's have the newer improved glass lenses..

BobMc

They do show a customs guarentee of shipment, which means re shipment if confiscated or money back?

I think any company that has a delivery guarantee is a company worth looking it. Speaks well of the management. "Hat Tip" to Laserpointerstore. :)

I was sent a laser for laserpointerstore.com for review here. It was a Thor H dual power 445nm 1.6 watt laser. It was of good quality with many features. If you decide to buy a fabricated laser, as opposed to building one yourself, they are about as good as they come, IMO. Good luck on your search.

Rens

Hey thanks for the advice and insights in the laser business. Always good to know and keep up to date!

I did find the ones with glass lenses on eBay but I will seriously consider laserpointerstore as they may well have newer stock whereas the eBay ones may still be older models?

Thanks so much and I will share my experience once I've got my first Thor 😛

-Rens

Rens

Hey guys, I noticed on Laserpointerstore it states "You need to afford the customs risk, but we will do everything to low down the risk." - so that tells me you're probably going to lose out when confiscated.....but also the Thor M2 seems to come without batteries or chargers from LPS so I guess the risk is very low of it getting caught.

I don't fully understand however that the Thor M2 on LPS is selling at $79 whereas it is being sold on ebay for $68 or less on average (glass lens version) -including batteries and charger >>? :thinking:

I was planning to buy batteries, charger and goggles separately anyway but I would've expected a lower price for just the Thor M2 + 5 caps..

Any thoughts?

The data supplied above are from of Tommy's customers.
The choice of where to plunk down your $$$ is ultimately
yours. Good luck.

BTW it is PayPal that offers protection... not eBay.

Jerry

GSS

Could be worth the few extra dollars if it ships from a US warehouse and quicker shipping?
I'm hoping better service if there is an issue?
The "guarnetee" looks then like it only applies from their US stock which is a bit misleading:undecided:
Did you message "Tommy"?
If you choose ebay, I would find an seller with US stock..

Last edited:

Rens

Ahhh thanks :gj:

I do like Tommy's attitude and store :) so I am definitely more in favour of the Thor M2 from there :thanks:

Ahhh thanks :gj:

I do like Tommy's attitude and store :) so I am definitely more in favour of the Thor M2 from there :thanks:

Yes I've just sent him a PM

I know that you are new here....:)
You can easily combine posts by using
the [EDIT] button at the bottom
right of any of your posts.
Double posting is considered bad Forum
etiquette and is frowned upon...:beer:

Jerry

GSS

Sorry as I just remembered your in the UK:eek: So i'm not to sure about the US warehouse issue..
You might wan't to get in touch with Tommy through the store sight also as he's not that frequent on the forum..

BobMc

There are some Company's that do guarantee delivery. JetLasers and Sanwu being a couple. They will take the loss and resend you another unit if it get confiscated. But they are more expensive. Food for thought anyways.

Last edited:

Rens

Hey guys, I must say I truly appreciate Laserpointerstore's management and customer service so far. Tommy replied straight away, even apologizing for late reply -which it wasn't! He seems like a very considerate, sincere and responsible seller. In regard to the Shipping customs guarantee he answered "I can confirm the guarantee policy, received or refund. if you dont get it, we will full refund." Now that is great customer service if you ask me :bowdown::thanks::gj: