Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserlands 5mW 520nm Pointer - Review - Finally

Aha, now you put that diode part number up in the thread I remember now, just call me random access memory.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I'll have to make sure that it is the diode I'm used is in fact the one I mentioned.
But yes, it is an example of a 5mw 520. :p
Lol, how much ram do you have? 8 or 16gb? :D

Last edited:
500 meg. Didn't have it in RAM had to go to the HD but without the address, didn't know where to go.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
:D Just as well I run a free data recovery service to restore deleted and fix corrupted file shortcuts.

Last edited:
My brain's RAM has seemed to decrease over the years too. Would hate to try to put a number to it. Wish it were as easy to recover that memory.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Not helpful now, but I reckon in many years time scientists may achieve this to some extent. Worth a thought.

Where the hell did Diachi disappear to, he needs to be here every day.

I know. We should punish him for abandonment of the forum. This is going way too far.

I have a PM waiting for him asking a question about Z-fold laser cavity for DPSS. Maybe you know, why the Z? Is it just to make the length of the cavity more compact? Why not an L-fold with OC output?

diachi

Where the hell did Diachi disappear to, he needs to be here every day.

Long weekend, wasn't on the computer a whole bunch. Looks like I've got some catching up to do. :whistle:

I know. We should punish him for abandonment of the forum. This is going way too far.

That seems fair! :crackup:

I have a PM waiting for him asking a question about Z-fold laser cavity for DPSS. Maybe you know, why the Z? Is it just to make the length of the cavity more compact? Why not an L-fold with OC output?

Can L-Fold too, uses less optics, but there's reason for using more folds. Can fit a longer cavity in a shorter (although, wider) box with the fold too (Z-fold would be longer again, look up effects of cavity length, short vs long), plus changes in waist positioning for SHG depending on how you go about it (can minimize waist diameter and maximize conversion efficiency, altar intracavity beam width to meet damage threshold limitations etc...). There will be other considerations (compensating for thermal lensing, astigmastism and other effects), man to talk to if you want specific details is Steve (mixedgas) on PL or Planters (builder of that beautiful end pumped Nd:YVO4/KTP Z-fold), also found mostly on PL.

Just checked with mine and a Sanwu beam expander does indeed fit perfectly.
Why didn't i think of this :thanks: for mentioning that. Now I know I can use my expander on both my 405 challenger AND this laser.

Brad, thanks for verifying that, looked like it would fit a BE but I didn't have anything around to test with.

AS I mentioned in PM.. your LaserBee 2.5W USB LPM was
last calibrated 5 1/2 years ago and the sensor's coating
has seen better days.:( (I know it is 2nd hand)
That being said a newly coated and recently calibrated
LaserBee 15mm X 15mm Thermopile Sensor will detect
a Laser as low as 1mW +/-5% 1Digit.:beer:

Jerry

Thanks for getting back to me on that. I'll need to upgrade my LPM at some point, or at least send that one back for a fresh sensor and calibration... Not on the budget just now though, just ordered a cheap oscilloscope over the weekend plus some other stuff. :beer:

Last edited:
Congratulations on getting an Oscilloscope. I would be lost without mine. That's why it's been my avatar for so long. I've been studying DPSS lasers lately and there is some great information on them. Much of it on Sam's FAQs. I have been looking into the optical setups and found some great info on pumping optics and improving efficiency with angles for pumping Nd:YAGs and changing optical setups by small increments. Still have a lot of information to go through before I'll have a good understanding of higher power systems.

Last edited:

diachi

Congratulations on getting an Oscilloscope. I would be lost without mine. That's why it's been my avatar for so long. I've been studying DPSS lasers lately and there is some great information on them. Much of it on Sam's FAQs. I have been looking into the optical setups and found some great info on pumping optics and improving efficiency with angles for pumping Nd:YAGs and changing optical setups by small increments. Still have a lot of information to go through before I'll have a good understanding of higher power systems.

Thanks! Picked up one of these for $55 USD (Seller was asking $70, but took my offer of $55, less shipping which was expensive to my location of course).

EZ-Digital-Co-OS-5060A-Dual-Channel-60-MHz.jpg

Dual channel, 60MHz, 60 day DOA warranty. Ordered a couple probes for $20(CAD) too. Should do the job for me and doesn't break the bank. Seller had a bunch, reviews seem to suggest they are all functional on arrival.

DPSS sure is an interesting topic, lots of great info on the FAQ. I've still got lots of reading to do myself, lots of books and scientific papers out there. :beer:

Last edited:
Looks like a nice little scope. You will be able to do so much more now that you have it. The only thing that might concern me about it is the triggering. Hopefully, it won't be a problem. The scientific papers are great too. It would be easier if they were compiled like Sam does with his information.

Last edited:

diachi

Looks like a nice little scope. You will be able to do so much more now that you have it. The only thing that might concern me about it is the triggering. Hopefully, it won't be a problem. The scientific papers are great too. It would be easier if they were compiled like Sam does with his information.

Triggering functionality doesn't look fancy, but standard options appear to be there. Sufficient for my sort of uses I'd think.

But yes, it'll open up a whole bunch of options! :D