Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserland green 510nm laser review.

Guess the Wavelength

• 510nm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 515nm

• 520nm

• Other tell me.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
NOTE 25/2/2019 : I use 3.7v lithium ion battety with 1.5v alkaline battery.Result is the laser be able to light up the match by focus the beam with 3 element glass lens.
Hello everyone.Today my laser arrived and I want to make this review.I got this from Laserland Chinese seller.The laser listed on their website for $19 but on the eBay is only $17.95 .The seller shipped by ePacket to Thailand and it took about 10days.and here is Where you can buy.

DtlNzId.jpg

This is the package of the laser box

Tr5hdwV.jpg

The laser is inside the box.

LKYXEBZ.jpg

When the first time look.I though they send me wrong laser. Cheap DPSS instead OSRAM laser.But I was wrong.On the picture is the OSRAM diode but not sure it's 510 or 515 or 520.

Oaa9U44.jpg

I can see a bit of beam but at the daytime it very dim.

nLPiLED.jpg

I pot-modded the laser until the beam has came out.

I'm really satisfied with this laser.because Its color but quite not sure about the diode.

Pros
It's cheap for the Direct-Diode green laser pointer
Good for pointing
More stable than Cheap DPSS

Cons
Not good for who want to pot mod like me.I used vise to putt whole module out and scrashed the laser head (The Silver head)
IT NOT EYE SAFE. I want to say this laser is not actually 5mW because it can do some black plastic burning but not well.I hope 5mW can't do this (Actually can't)

but overal is good laser.you can buy this as gift or for yourself.I really love this laser.Soon may have some night-shot photo(s).

Last edited:

Though these are listed as <5 mW, at 280 mA drive current they are likely over 100 mW. I do have a larger example of a 520nm laser that actually measures 510nm. It could be pot modded to a higher output, but only if I cut it apart and drilled a hole to access the driver's set pot.

I bought 2 of these. one was a 69mw 532 DPSS the other was a 520nm or so diode @ 14mw+.
I felt ripped off. LED Museum did a review of 505nm and 488nm pointers and they are much, much nicer. Actually 505nm and 488nm Diodes.
Yours looks like a DPSS laser to me and I really think I am right since you say it will burn tape....something
my direct diode from them would never do. It is ok(the diode one) but weak with a barely visible beam.
How fat the beam is can tell you which it is too...the DPSS one has a very skinny beam...1 mm or so.
The diode one is fat...3mm or more on the fast axis an 2 or so on the slow. And you can see the difference
between the slow and fast axis easily. If you cannot...it is probably DPSS.

I am dyslexic and my memory is not what it was...I did a post on them. Look it up. I do not recommend them.

I found my review. 14mw of 520nm green and 69mw of 532nm DPSS green. FAIL. I wanted 2 eyesafe 510nm
direct greens...I did not succeed.

Measurements via Laserbee 2

Last edited:
I bought 2 of these. one was a 69mw 532 DPSS the other was a 520nm or so diode @ 14mw+.
I felt ripped off. LED Museum did a review of 505nm and 488nm pointers and they are much, much nicer. Actually 505nm and 488nm Diodes.
Yours looks like a DPSS laser to me and I really think I am right since you say it will burn tape....something
my direct diode from them would never do. It is ok(the diode one) but weak with a barely visible beam.
How fat the beam is can tell you which it is too...the DPSS one has a very skinny beam...1 mm or so.
The diode one is fat...3mm or more on the fast axis an 2 or so on the slow. And you can see the difference
between the slow and fast axis easily. If you cannot...it is probably DPSS.

I am dyslexic and my memory is not what it was...I did a post on them. Look it up. I do not recommend them.

I found my review. 14mw of 520nm green and 69mw of 532nm DPSS green. FAIL. I wanted 2 eyesafe 510nm
direct greens...I did not succeed.

Measurements via Laserbee 2

I had ripped of the module from the host.The diode is the direct diode not DPSS.also burning but takes very longtime .just a bit of smoke then nothing (pot modded max + new battery).I can notice from the beam profile that it not slim and the dot looks like my previous Sharp green laser with same lens (I changed the lens from Acrylic to 3E).but still not be able to confirm wavelength (I don't have Spectrometer or any diffraction grating.)

Though these are listed as <5 mW, at 280 mA drive current they are likely over 100 mW. I do have a larger example of a 520nm laser that actually measures 510nm. It could be pot modded to a higher output, but only if I cut it apart and drilled a hole to access the driver's set pot.

first generations of this laser they use this driver. but mine is this. (Also on their store).
It's consuming the power around 38xmA @3.2volt (x mean my DMM only show 100s and 10s digit.)

Last edited:
Forgot something. About the current.most wasted heat came from the driver IC but the diode almostly room temperature .