Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LaserGlow's lasers different than shown?

ixfd64

It seems that LaserGlow's lasers are different than shown on its website. According to the photos on the LaserGlow website, the lasers have a logo (example) but no safety label. However, photos from users show the exact opposite - the laser has a safety label but no logo (example). Another promotional photo shows that the laser's various features are supposed to be labeled, but the user's photo shows otherwise.

Does anyone know why this is? Does LaserGlow have a special unit for taking promotional photos or something?

The cool logo is a recent thing... new Hercs and stuff should have the warning label and the engraved label methinks.

Justin

Correct, the engraved logo and labelling on the laser itself is a fairly new improvement so pictures of lasers purchased in the past may not show this. All new lasers will come with the engraved branding and labelling as shown on our website. When doing photography for the website we don't always include the warning label, as I think this was just a decision on the part of the photographer to make the pictures look better. As required by law, all of our lasers ship with the appropriate warning label.

My blue and yellow are different than advertised.... they both appear to be way over-spec. :)

quadcam said:
My blue and yellow are different than advertised.... they both appear to be way over-spec.  :)

:) What model Aquarius do you have, I'm guessing the 15mW? Get the output for your Rigel tested, might be 4 or 5mW!

LRMNmeyer said:
[quote author=quadcam link=1220058764/0#3 date=1220379196]My blue and yellow are different than advertised.... they both appear to be way over-spec. :)

:) What model Aquarius do you have, I'm guessing the 15mW? Get the output for your Rigel tested, might be 4 or 5mW![/quote]
He has a "5mW" Aquarius o_O

LRMNmeyer said:
:eek: 17mW peak? That's huge! Especially for a blue. +1 LG.

Yeah, when I emailed Justin about it after getting the test done, he told me they knew it averaged "well above 5 mw" but he was suprised to see that kind of a peak on it. I got one of the special edition engraved models though. When it's peaking, it's ever so slightly brighter than my 5mw Lyra. As far as I know, one other engraved-5 has numbers like mine, and I think that Glenn's -10 is an engraved one too.

LRMNmeyer said:
Get the output for your Rigel tested, might be 4 or 5mW!

Indeed. Rigel vs Lyra 5-

594vs532.jpg

Justin said:
Correct, the engraved logo and labelling on the laser itself is a fairly new improvement so pictures of lasers purchased in the past may not show this. All new lasers will come with the engraved branding and labelling as shown on our website.  When doing photography for the website we don't always include the warning label, as I think this was just a decision on the part of the photographer to make the pictures look better. As required by law, all of our lasers ship with the appropriate warning label.

Interesting. My Rigel had no label at all on it - not that I care, though - it's an awesome laser, but I was surprised that it didn't have one.

Schrecken_Licht said:
[quote author=Justin link=1220058764/0#2 date=1220371470]Correct, the engraved logo and labelling on the laser itself is a fairly new improvement so pictures of lasers purchased in the past may not show this. All new lasers will come with the engraved branding and labelling as shown on our website.  When doing photography for the website we don't always include the warning label, as I think this was just a decision on the part of the photographer to make the pictures look better. As required by law, all of our lasers ship with the appropriate warning label.

Interesting.  My Rigel had no label at all on it - not that I care, though - it's an awesome laser, but I was surprised that it didn't have one. [/quote]

Like, no warning lable? That's crazy! :eek:

Justin

You bought it directly from us and there was no warning label on it? That is not good, I'll check with my shipping and testing departments to see what's going on. Thanks for letting me know.