Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserglow's Blue

Are LaserGlow's Blue line laser "Aquarius Line" C.N.I. manufactered?

I've heard bad tings about C.N.I. manufactured lasers. I'm wondering if they rectified their issues and/or if it would be wise to look at these particular lasers.

S

SenKat

There is nothing wrong with CNI lasers at present - I know Wicked used to sell CNI lasers, and was selling crappy ones at one time, but I persoanlly believe they were mucking about with them, and screwed them up ! Nova lasers sells GREAT CNI lasers at present, and I have yet to see them send out one laser that was not above specifications ! I recently got in their Alpha 85, and an X-85 - the Alpha is at 109.6mw peak, and 98.2mw average - the X-85 (Standard CNI pen style) is at 110.3mw peak, with an average of 100.4mw. now BOTH of those lasers are rated at 85mw, and sold as such - even though you can see that the y do not believe in short changing the customer one bit ! I know of only two forum members that have an on spec Dragon laser - even though they are the same lasers, Dragon rarely sells ones that are kept within specifications. The Dragon Aurora - which is a blue, I reviewed - it was the 2-9mw version, and it checked in at just over 9mw, so was an exceptional laser ! The reviews for that, and other lasers can be found in the companies and reviews section - check them out !

But, to answer your question (FINALLY, right ??) CNI has a MUCH better reputation now than they did previously. If you are looking for MAJOR BLING - take a peek at the Blue RPL's offered up by Optotronics...the beam specs are damned near unbelievable !

G !

SenKat said:
There is nothing wrong with CNI lasers at present - I know Wicked used to sell CNI lasers, and was selling crappy ones at one time, but I persoanlly believe they were mucking about with them, and screwed them up ! Nova lasers sells GREAT CNI lasers at present, and I have yet to see them send out one laser that was not above specifications ! I recently got in their Alpha 85, and an X-85 - the Alpha is at 109.6mw peak, and 98.2mw average - the X-85 (Standard CNI pen style) is at 110.3mw peak, with an average of 100.4mw. now BOTH of those lasers are rated at 85mw, and sold as such - even though you can see that the y do not believe in short changing the customer one bit ! I know of only two forum members that have an on spec Dragon laser - even though they are the same lasers, Dragon rarely sells ones that are kept within specifications. The Dragon Aurora - which is a blue, I reviewed - it was the 2-9mw version, and it checked in at just over 9mw, so was an exceptional laser ! The reviews for that, and other lasers can be found in the companies and reviews section - check them out !

But, to answer your question (FINALLY, right ??) CNI has a MUCH better reputation now than they did previously. If you are looking for MAJOR BLING - take a peek at the Blue RPL's offered up by Optotronics...the beam specs are damned near unbelievable !

G !

I'll take that as a challenge and I'll do an RPL-Blue video tomorrow.
Now, I'vde turned into a video makin maniac.

Jack

yes i def wanna see your blue. hey will the Rpl blue pop baloons with a lens the 35 mW one it has to be getting close. ;)

S

SenKat

RPL Blue will win hands down - but I look forward to the video anyways ! :p

millionaire said:
yes i def wanna see your blue. hey will the Rpl blue pop baloons with a lens the 35 mW one it has to be getting close.  ;)
You can pop balloons with a 15mW with a lens, I think it might be able to do that unaided, I thought 35mW was able to do that unaided. but it really all comes down to the size of the dot.

S

SenKat

Chief - do more chores ! LOL Hey, man....I have yet to see an Aussie get together of all you laser kooks down under......why don't you and Things get together and plan a meeting, and let's see some laser action down there !!!!

Medussa said:
YES, I want to see the RPL video! :)
Hi Medussa,
sorry I didn't get a video of the rRPL blue online today, it was a busy day and the customer shipments take priority. I'll shoot for tomorrow (pardon the pun).

Ask Pseudo about the burning ability of the RPL-blue, I've never tried it, but Pseudo got one awhile back and I think he did do a balloon pop (it might have been with a focusing lens though, but in my book the use of a lens or blackening is cheating).

Jack

Oh no problem. Customer Service is first of course. Take your time. Whenever you could show it, I'm sure we would all like to see it. Thanks.

liv

C.N.I lasers products are all designed and manufactured on itself . the blue pointer was so move off , many other company sell it , some copy its figure, or rename it. CNI can make higher power blue pointer, but when it above 5mW, it doesnot fit the FDA, so cant sell in US, but it always rate below 5 and actuallly has a much higher power. :cool:

Things

SenKat said:
why don't you and Things get together and plan a meeting, and let's see some laser action down there !!!!
hehehe eveyone lives in a different state, thories lives in QLD(i used to live there, actually i was born there), chief lives in WA(which is quite a while away) does anyone live in victoria?????? ;D