Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserglow Polaris vs Wickedlasers Arctic 3

I have limited resources for making lasers, so I had Jeff put as much into the kit as he could. With that, it is just a matter of sliding the Aixiz module with everything already to go inside of it up into the heatsink and tighting the set screws down, then sliding the heatsink into the host and putting on the lens and the battery in. So not much assembly.

Bounty

Im still very new with lasers. Ive had a fascination with them since i was a kid playing around with the 5mw lasers, just recently have i discovered these classes. Thats real impressive work, i have 2 on the way from Canada and im hoping to get a laser kit off a guy on these forums. That way im hoping ill be able to grasp an understanding on them.

Thats a pretty cool case you have in your profile pic there with the gun and lasers. Have you got any vids with your laser?

That is one of several cases with lasers, flashlights and guns, haha. It is a Pelican case, bought at Cabelas. You can pick the foam out (it is sliced into little cubes that still have small pieces to connect them to others) to make resting spots. Pelican cases are not cheap, though. A nice place for inexpensive cases is cheaperthandirt dot com. Their Armortek cases are great.

I don't have any videos. For some reason, my Android phone doesn't do well with them at default settings. If I play with it a bit more, I might be able to get some.

I empathize with your fascination with lasers. They are beautiful and amazing. But if I can offer one caveat it is that you get a really good set of protective eyewear appropriate to protect your eyes from the wavelength of lasers you are getting, and use them whenever you turn that laser on indoors. I view the beams without eyewear outside, but if I am pointing anywhere within 10-20 yards, or near anything reflective at all, those glasses are on. Last thing you want to do is ruin your appreciation of that beauty in a moment of carelessness or due to an accident. Do not underestimate the danger of lasers, they can seriously harm your vision or that of nearby spectators.

Bounty

Im going to check out those cases, makes a good home for them as well as making it look more professional haha.

My Arctic 3 came with safety glasses i wear them at all times, especially when im burning things. One reflect off glass or mirror could potentially blind me and i really dont fancy that. Its a shame because people (especially my kids) always want to watch me burn of course i keep them well away. The guy who i bought from is sending me a pair i believe i dont intend to use them without eye protection or if anyone else isnt wearing them. Thanks for the advice though, can never be too careful with these lasers.

Tim.