Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserglow is the best

tatman

MY Aries 100 had some sort of problem- it wasn't outputting near what it should. So i called, spoke w/ Justin,sent it back, and EXACTLY 2 weeks later i have a BRAND NEW one w/ no questions at all! If that isn't customer service and company integrity then i don't know what is! I bet you can buy a good laser from a bunch of people...but how will they act if there is a problem? Laserglow really shines in my book!

It´s unfortunate that people find themselves surprised and thrilled when a company does what it SHOULD do. I would never find myself accepting a situation where I was sent an inferior or nonfunctioning product and go on with life after spending hundreds of dollars. Now if they´d offered you a higher end model or a pair of safety goggles or some such thing at no charge for your troubles, THEN I would say, ¨Wow, that´s outstanding customer service.¨

Granted, some companies try to get away with shenanigans, but fortunately with the Internet nowadays and ¨word of mouth¨, particularly on competitive products, they´re not around for long. I´m glad you were treated as you should have been.

tatman

actualy they did send one with a higher peak than what i had...so do they rate with you now? and i already ordered and paid for goggles. seems like everybody wants something for nothing.

S

SenKat

I think if someone were to compare the "major" companies - and list issues with the lasers - like tatman's issue - and how it was fixed....I think you would see that Laserglow has a fantastic rep for the least returns out there...at least, that is what I have seen.
Go over to LC some time and check out how many grumblers there are that have to return their lasers sometimes as many as three times in order to get "what they paid for" - and no mention of anything better, or free, or even a discount with their next purchase, etc....just three to four times as much for shipping than they should have had to pay in the first place !

Everyone has issues with one company or another, I am sure - hey, we are all human...but let's give the good guys a fair shake, shall we ? The simple fact that Laserglow is shipping out - ONLY for hte cost of shipping, a smoking, brand new case for the Hercs says a TON about their level of commitment to their customers.

The way Optotronics crammmmmms so much stuff into their optics kits says volumes for them as well !

I personally have not dealt with WL myself - just going by what is on their own forum !

T

timelord

I can tell you WL sucks they take too long and like you say it costs in shipping. At Laserglow they wear normal clothing too ;D [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] ;D ;D

Hi Guys,
I get a sense that maybe there´s a perception that I´m somehow not giving LaserGlow their due. This is not true at all. I still stand by my original comment, the essence of which is that any firm that wants to thrive, particularly in the Internet Age, ought to replace a product that´s not up to spec. Any smart firm knows that it´s good business sense to ship a product that works according to their advertising. I grant you that not all firms are smart, and some may screw their customers for short-term hit and run gains. But those won´t thrive, and this is why companies like LaserGlow, AtlasNova, and a few others are enjoying a good business.

Believe me, I´m the kind of guy that does a ton of research before buying something and I would completely slam any firm that screws me. That said, I´m an owner of a 35mw Executive from Wicked and am quite satisfied with it (although it is a bit pricey). And just today I received a nice laser from Atlas Nova. Both perform well so far. If there was something wrong with either of these units, I would certainly expect these firms to replace them. If they didn´t, I´d be pretty pissed and let them know about it in no uncertain terms.

With respect to the Herc case, I doubt they´re shipping Herc cases for the cost of shipment to those who didn´t purchase a Herc. In other words, the cost of the case is basically built into the price of the Herc if you bought one. And there´s nothing wrong with that since the whole idea is to feel good about what you bought and to feel that you got something of value for the money. They´re smart. In the future, my next laser is likely to be a Laser Glow Aries. Why? Because they do what is right.

My view is that we, as consumers, should get what we pay for. Simple.

tatman

some history may be in order. when i was making my Aries purchase, suddenly Laserglows website kinda shudders; then makes a sorta fart sound- well that was their sale expiring. all at once my purchase was $100.00 more than when i started (45 seconds ago). and Justin , after listening to my tale of woe, let me make my purchase at the sale price. that was nice.point being : i kinda feel like a pain in the butt to them from the start- tho they NEVER did anything to make me feel so. i feel just fine w/ Laserglow ...i would even say they are friends of mine.

Both sides to this discussion are well founded. I think that some people may take exception (disagree) with the statement that "Laserglow is the best". I don't know if we can place THAT superlative at the foot of any company. We all have our opinions about what is "the best".

I agree with both perspectives here. I was certainly treated very well by Laserglow when I bought my Aries 225. Their customer service is excellent. Laserglow does what it is supposed to do as a respectable company and often exceeds the requirements that any reasonable consumer would have.

Tatman,
Your history lesson gives a good perspective. I do think it´s good that LaserGlow did the human thing and gave you the sale price on that Aries order. They could just as well have been jerks about it. So in that case, I think that´s a better example of a firm going out of its way than the original circumstance of replacing a defective product. They seem to understand the value of ¨customer experience¨ which both reflects a caring attitude AND good business sense. I´ve heard nothing but good things about LaserGlow to be honest with you, and I am definitely considering them in my next purchase which, coincidentally, may be an Aries. Thanks for your thoughts and for sharing your experiences with LaserGlow.

S

SenKat

Geolaserist - I hope you did not take my post as an attack on you...if it was perceived that way, I am truely sorry ! I was just kind of trying to compare the "how many times returned thing" that's all....and, for hte record - if you buy an Aries - you will NOT regret it ! Laserglow is one company that I know if that is on my Christmas list (no joke !)

Senkat,
No, not at all. No attack was perceived. :) I´m all for a good discussion about the firms that sell these amazing gadgets. My comments are just what they are at face value. I look forward to more great discussions in the future! You guys have all been of help to me in my learning about this interesting hobby.

Geolaserest said:
It´s unfortunate that people find themselves surprised and thrilled when a company does what it SHOULD do. I would never find myself accepting a situation where I was sent an inferior or nonfunctioning product and go on with life after spending hundreds of dollars. Now if they´d offered you a higher end model or a pair of safety goggles or some such thing at no charge for your troubles, THEN I would say, ¨Wow, that´s outstanding customer service.¨

Granted, some companies try to get away with shenanigans, but fortunately with the Internet nowadays and ¨word of mouth¨, particularly on competitive products, they´re not around for long. I´m glad you were treated as you should have been.

Hi Geolaserest,
I agree, it's sad that as a whole, customer service has really sunken to new lows in the past few years, a real take it or leave it attitude or "that's just the way it is". I'm not talking about laser companies in particular; but retail, hotels, restaurants and more. If these places would treat their customers the same way that they would want to be treated, they would be much better off.

At Optotronics, I too would and have sent out replacements on occasion. If it's a brand new unit that was just recieved, I even pay the shipping costs for the return as well as give them a little something extra, many times some lenses or prisms to go with their laser. The only difference, is that I make sure they get a new one in much less than 2 weeks, usually have them fedex 2nd day or 2 day priority mail it to me and then I do the same, so usually get a replacement to them the same week.

Bootleg,
Yes, I think people tend to get complacent with getting screwed and almost expect it when something goes wrong. It´s unfortunate and you´re right, it involves all sorts of companies, not just laser firms. Optotronics has a great reputation like LaserGlow from everything I´ve read and heard. Thanks for being one of the good guys out there. I´ve seen your products and like them very much. Hopefully I´ll own one someday. I´m getting crazy into this laser thing! Thanks for your thoughtful comment.