Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laserglow aries 150mw

Looks like it's just dirty. Pretty easy to clean. It uses glass optics I'm sure. (Mine does) which can be cleaned no contact with lab purity acetone or methanol.. 91% isopropyl alcohol on a fresh cotton swab/q-tip VERY GENTLY rubbing in ONE DIRECTION can sub in a pinch. But whatever you do don't scrub. The optics are easily degraded by any kind of contact so the least pressure the better.

Hi, I've cleaned the optics as you described but it's still the same mess, to be honest I think this laser has had it's day.

The coating could be damaged...I don't know other than sending it for repairs what you could do...

Hi all. .

I've decided I'm going to sell this laser as it is. I think I it'll be too much trouble for myself to try and repair. . If any one is interested just let me know. I'll advertise it as spares or repair :)

You can take your risk giving it a go if you're willing to sacrifice it incase it goes awry. Or take up these guys on shipping it to proper hands. I must say I'm going to order a couple 3 pack cheapos to tinker with. I'll dig into the experiment threads and see why happens! Haha, wearing goggles of course. They actually just got here today and Joker is mailing my laser tomorrow! Now anxiously awaiting arrival.

You can take your risk giving it a go if you're willing to sacrifice it incase it goes awry. Or take up these guys on shipping it to proper hands. I must say I'm going to order a couple 3 pack cheapos to tinker with. I'll dig into the experiment threads and see why happens! Haha, wearing goggles of course. They actually just got here today and Joker is mailing my laser tomorrow! Now anxiously awaiting arrival.

You need/should have special goggles to do DPSS alignments properly, and they aren't cheap...there's two sets, one for aligning the vanadate, and one for the second harmonics (a KTP in the case of a green module) I'd discourage poking around with the crystals unless you know what you're doing, they're very easy to destroy, and cannot be handled with your hands...the oils on your skin will destroy them, and they're often very tiny. the procedure isnt too hard, but very time consuming.