Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserbtb

yeah just watch out not having it on for long, that amount of power in a small pen host isnt ideal, u would have more fun with a hl or the bigger pl host for sure its more fun with those if u ask me and the shutter lock is good to have which the pens dont have..

Do you know if they have the crystals back in yet? Want to buy a PL 532nm 200mw.

Do you know if they have the crystals back in yet? Want to buy a PL 532nm 200mw.

I think you might be fine with a PL 532 just not an Lp. A guy made a thread last night having the same problem I did, wondering when he will get his refund.

Your best bet would be to email Kevin and ask. Can't hurt.

Pman

To each his own Mortuus;) There's some of us who love pens and others that can't stand them for the reasons you state. I find the HL looks very plain and honestly don't like the big plastic bottom on either the HL or PL. The button looks very cheap to me in comparison to the rest of the build.
Honestly never heard someone who owned both the HL and PL say they like the HL better thus my comment.
I think they are all well built but not for anyone looking to disassemble. Good luck taking one apart if there's a problem. I had an issue with an HL I purchased in a GB and ended up having to hacksaw it apart. I'm not really saying this is good or bad but just is. Purchased another one and the funny thing is I didn't even think of seeing if I could have gotten it in a PL (duh on me). Will say that for lower powered units the PL feels like a huge overkill in comparison to the HL. I guess I think it would be nicer if the HL looked like a smaller PL lol.
Anyways, I'm glad we are all different so we can all contribute. Looks like you are going to hit 1000 posts soon:)

To each his own Mortuus;) There's some of us who love pens and others that can't stand them for the reasons you state. I find the HL looks very plain and honestly don't like the big plastic bottom on either the HL or PL. The button looks very cheap to me in comparison to the rest of the build.
Honestly never heard someone who owned both the HL and PL say they like the HL better thus my comment.
I think they are all well built but not for anyone looking to disassemble. Good luck taking one apart if there's a problem. I had an issue with an HL I purchased in a GB and ended up having to hacksaw it apart. I'm not really saying this is good or bad but just is. Purchased another one and the funny thing is I didn't even think of seeing if I could have gotten it in a PL (duh on me). Will say that for lower powered units the PL feels like a huge overkill in comparison to the HL. I guess I think it would be nicer if the HL looked like a smaller PL lol.
Anyways, I'm glad we are all different so we can all contribute. Looks like you are going to hit 1000 posts soon:)

I definitely agree on the overkill. 200mw of 532 through a PL just wouldn't do the host justice.

Pman yeah i do agree the plastic button is kinda weird since the pointers from them have a metal one even if its flimsy a bit on mine tho but it dont bothers me that much doesnt look like it will break apart really my oldest hl is over a year old and it feels just like new. I prefer the hl hosts tho they have that perfect size and since i prefer 100mw lasers i enjoy having the blue 450 in the pl host the runtimes on that i dont even have to worry hehe..

Last edited:

Davidx

Read this thread before giving them a try. I sent one email asking about tracking numbers. I was directed to his web page, mentioning he had to make it first.
About 10 days after ordering I received a very nice PL 635 in a beautiful aluminum case. Never got a tracking number, but when I got my package so quickly I forgot all about it.
Works great.

jako

I used this forum last months for information about lasers and company's and decided to place an order at laserbtb for a diving laser (model H520L-50 -D50M). After a few weeks I received not this laser but the cheaper model (LP520-50b).
So I send an email to Kevin what procedure to use for sending back this product.

Kevin surprised me writing that indeed by mistake they send the wrong product but I could keep the "H520L" and he would sent me asap the diving laser. I received the diving laser after a month (living in the Netherlands).

Great customer's care IMO

I used this forum last months for information about lasers and company's and decided to place an order at laserbtb for a diving laser (model H520L-50 -D50M). After a few weeks I received not this laser but the cheaper model (LP520-50b).
So I send an email to Kevin what procedure to use for sending back this product.

Kevin surprised me writing that indeed by mistake they send the wrong product but I could keep the "H520L" and he would sent me asap the diving laser. I received the diving laser after a month (living in the Netherlands).

wow u got a free laser? thats damn nice most companies would ask u to send it back even tho they sent by mistake.

Hey,

Another dutchie welcome :D wow free laser sweet. :san:

APEX1

sounds like a very good company..... I'm pretty sure that's where I bought my PLE-pro, cant remember

Wtf dhl. 35 dollars for express shipping my ass.

thats weird, for me DHL has always been super fast. i have never had a delivery from DHL take more than 4 days. one time i got a package from shanghai to here in minnesota in just 2 days.

also what did they mean when they said crystal problems? i got a 100mw PL 532nm from them and it is so bad with mode hopping when it warms up. it also doesn't ever reach TEM00 when fully warmed up, now im wondering if i got one with a crappy crystal and they didn't realise it until after.

If you order from laserbtb just use their $14 "AirMail" option, it's just as fast as DHL IMO. Took 4 days from China to California for me when I bought their products :)

-Alex